1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rrod xbox question

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by pranks7er, 5 Aug 2008.

1. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

I bought my xbox in october 2007 form a major Irish store Xtravison ( its part of the Blockbuster Group) i was wondering since the xbox is under a year old should the store not replace it the same way they would say a tv or dvd player?

2. bigsharn

bigsharn Officially demotivated

nope

you have to send the Xbox to Microsoft and they should replace it free of charge

3. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

i know that but ive heard of stores liek gamestation etc just replacing them? are they meant to do this or that jsut them being decent, does law not say that you have a contract with the seller not the manufacturer

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

There are a few tales of this happening on here, and iirc game/gamestation just get 'em replaced. I'd imagine you'll need your original purchase receipt though.

5. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

i have all the reciepts, my xbox came as part of a deal with it i got console free controller and game but all in seperate boxes, i take it all id need to return is the xbox and controller which came in main box not the other free items. Ive emailed the store and will phone them tomorrow and hopefully they replace it.

6. bigsharn

bigsharn Officially demotivated

depends if it's a manufacturer's warranty or a store warranty

check your receipt and you'll find out:)

7. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

reciept says

date purchase 29 sept 07

then lists items console listed seperate from all free items

at bottom states

" exchanges or refunds will be given on FAULTY goods in line with current consumer legislation and with valid proof of purchase"

worth a try suppose

8. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

9. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

yeh they should just replace it, the seller has just as much responsability as the manufacturer. i live in ireland and swaped 3 xboxs in gamestop up nortth with no problem and im sure xtravision will do the same

10. bigc90210

bigc90210 Teh C

Its only a small problem with a heatsink, you can buy kits for less than a tenner to fix it yourself, most modding shops etc only charge £20-25 to get it done

11. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Buy some M5 10mm screws, some nylon and metal washer (8, 16, 16) and do it yourself :p

12. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I'd go with trying the store, personally.

If that doesn't work, go through Microsoft. It's under it's warranty from them, so a repair should be no big deal. Might be waiting a while, though.

Other than that, you might want to check out the 'repair kits' that're floating around (Llama, for example).

13. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

well sent mine back today but bought a repair kit and a rrod xbox of ebay just to give it a go to see if it works