1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Russian Invasion of Ukraine

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Gareth Halfacree, 24 Feb 2022.

1. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but both Queen Elizabeth and Prince of Wales set sail this week for a "Joint Nato Exercise" in the Baltic Sea. Obviously exercises like this take months of planning, so surely a coincidence...

Sam

2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

So Sergei Brilev who regurgitates the Kremlin line on Rossiya 1 has a UK house and British citizenship.

Interesting, although apparently not interesting to the Government

LennyRhys and MLyons like this.
  3. Risky

Risky Modder

Deterrence works best when it is credible. Having lots of NATO force in the right place will reduce the chance of Russia thinking that NATO won't really react if they cross the line.

Sentinel-R1 likes this.
  4. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

adidan likes this.
  5. adidan

6. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

So long as he keeps donating to Tory party funds, he'll be fine...

7. adidan

PoW was named 2022 NATO command ship last year.

Cold Response has been planned for a while now.

Sentinel-R1 likes this.
  8. walle

walle Minimodder

It's a desperate measure and the outcome would be the same, so I think it's a fair comparison.
    Let's agree to disagree adidan.
    For the moment it's a Russian Ukrainian conflict and I hope they keep it that way.
    Hopefully the exercise will run smoothly with no "incidents".

9. adidan

Now that fundamental point I do agree with.

As for other comparisons, well, happy to agree to disagree. :thumb:

Yeah, I hope there are no 'incidents' or 'mishsps' during the training exercises.

Are the Russian ships still around out on their exercises? I remember they agreed to move further away from Ireland for live fire testing a little while ago and I think some other ships were already or about to do exercises around the Barents.

I do hope they all play nicely if they bump into each other.

10. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I don't quite understand why people don't get that.

In the U.K we have created what I can only really call "an underclass". Not lower class. I was born lower class, we had bugger all. Then my father worked his balls off to give us a better life. He was a builder, built like a tank and worked hard. Brick layer by trade.

Then in the 90s I.T happened. Kids realised they could make a ton of money and not work really physically hard. Then builders began charging £60 an hour because it was only fair considering what people were earning from jobs like I.T for theoretically sitting on their arses. Now I know some people on here like to disagree with everything I say unless I write a ten thousand word essay to explain it but that is basically how it went. The more time went on the more people got lazy and the more we found other people to do our crap jobs for us on the cheap (the E.U). Eastern Europeans work really hard. Maybe because that is what they had to do out there? IDK, never been there. However, like I said they are prepared to work bloody hard and take what they obviously consider to be good money to do so.

Now. Let me cover this "under class" I speak of. The liberals have created areas like Croydon. Where they basically give housing away like sweets and money to people with lots of children (now bear in mind I feel bad for these people also, I am not getting all right wing these are just facts) and because of that kids are turning to the streets to make money. This comes by selling drugs, because they have to have the posh trainers and clothes that they see people on Youtube wearing. However, they are not of the mindset where they will work hard to earn these things, they want them now. Meaning they sell lots of drugs, and because of that comes the danger of such a life. Getting knifed, shot, etc. And there are lots of areas like this. Birmingham has a huge problem, Manchester has a huge problem (They call if Gunchester for a reason). These kids grow up dirt poor, most of them don't go to school because they want to make money instead.

Now this has gotten so bad that Croydon declared bankruptcy. They literally spent their entire budget housing people and attempting to build housing to house even more.

And this is a problem. I agree that wages are a bit crap, but then that is what greed does. When I got my first I.T job I did it through a govt scheme. I got minimum wage (about £6 PH IIRC) and they paid £70 per week toward that. So my boss was making bank, especially when you consider that basically I was making him £26+ VAT per hour. When the contract with the govt ended? he carried on paying me minimum wage. After a year I challenged him about it, and he said that it was all I was going to get. In the end? I had to quit, make him realise how much money I was bringing in, get a new job and then make him basically buy me back. I had no intentions of staying at this new job because it was over an hour on the bus each way, but it worked. Back I went, double wages. Which meant I could pay my way properly instead of being skint and not paying much to my mother.

I'm not saying that all kids are spongers and lazy. Most kids from good families? will work hard and get a decent career. However, those who feel like they have no prospects wont bother. And it is a problem obviously, because as soon as we opened up the doors to the EU the Polish, Lithuanians, Romanians and etc? all flooded in. They weren't here on holiday they were living here. And they were working and obviously getting by because they remained here.

When my mother sold her house in London? they basically shelled it and turned every single room into a bedroom. Leaving only a tiny kitchen. And that wasn't a cheap house, but that is how they live. And they seem to be perfectly fine with it too. Which tbh? was how *my* family lived in the 60s and early 70s. There were three families in that house. My dad's mum, my dad's brother and his wife, and my dad and my mum.

Having lived in three countries? I've clocked what goes on. And I gotta say, our poor? are better off than even those in America. Who live in trailers and have absolutely nothing at all if they don't want to work.

But we do have a problem here. And as soon as Brexit happened that problem became a big one. No lorry drivers so prices all shot up, cheap labour was harder to come by so other things got more expensive and ETC. And this is the reality we now face. Funny thing is it was the rich businessmen and women who seemed to want Brexit the most. Why? so they would lose all of their cheap labour?

Britain is a very spoiled and entitled country. Never used to be like that, but it is now.

11. Risky

Risky Modder

Vault-Tec,

Is your post anything to do with the Ukraine?

12. Vault-Tec

13. Risky

Risky Modder

Want to make you point or do I have it extract it? It may be somewhere in your post. Not sure it will matter to some poor bugger in Kharkiv, but who knows.

14. Vault-Tec

A few pages back I voiced my disgust over the refugee thing, and how our top brass are a bunch of hypocrites. I then said that we should let them in, as it will solve our work situation that we created when we did Brexit. Apparently I kicked something off, so that was my reply to it.

Seems I am not the only one with that idea, so there is that.

15. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Them were the days, temping over 23 years ago for a good 5 years, being offered jobs day in day out and raking in good coin for menial graft sat on a forklift, more work than there were workers then too.

16. adidan

I do hope our security services are still independent and investigating.

17. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

(It sounded ridiculous, so I checked: 's true.)

18. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Melon Husk really needs to just shut up and go away... forever...

spolsh and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  19. adidan

Ballsy, editor at the channel interrupts a live broadcast.

20. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Seriously, some people worship that prick.