1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 cancelled

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sharpethunder, 25 Apr 2012.

1. sharpethunder

sharpethunder Minimodder

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/04/25/s-t-a-l-k-e-r-2-cancelled.aspx

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-25-stalker-2-frozen-developers-start-new-studio

But we will be having a f2p mmo from the ashes

Our company appeared in March 2012 in Kiev. Ten years earlier, when at GSC Game World we started developing the renowned S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game series and continued working on it until December 2011 when the studio was unexpectedly shut down and the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 project - frozen," it reads.
    We did not reach agreement with the rights owner regarding the use of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. brand, that's why we made the decision to move forward as an independent studio with a new project. That day became our starting point for Vostok Games."

It turns out that Survarium is a free-to-play MMO being developed at start-up Vostok Games, founded by key GSC staff.

Last edited: 25 Apr 2012
  2. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

[​IMG]

On the other hand, a F2P MMO similar to the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games will be good.

3. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

4. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

Oh FFS, here I was expecting to see at least one decent game in the future. Silly me. I was just clicking on "General" when I saw this thread title under gaming causing much redirect clicking (inaccurate and too slow of course), and hoping that this was the previous thread with an update, but alas.

5. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I am really sad now.

6. nuc13ar

nuc13ar What's a Dremel?

i only walked around the first one for fifteen minutes and never installed clear sky or metro 2033, have owned for over a year. sorry about cancelled games though, regardless.

7. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

No! You brought back all the misery of seeing the cancellation! SHAME ON YOU!