1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung E700

Discussion in 'General' started by -A-, 21 Feb 2004.

1. -A-

-A- What's a Dremel?

I have had my rubbish Nokia 3310 for 3 years now and it keeps crashing on me, so i want to buy a new one! Obv it's pointless buying an already out of date phone, so i want this one! It looks sweet! It has everything i want!

Samsung E700::
    [​IMG]
    What do you guys think? Or has someone had a bad experience with one? Feedback pls!

-A-

2. Megadoomer

Megadoomer What's a Dremel?

A friend of mine has this phone...i think its a cool one...make sure you pay your phone bills thats the only problem they had with it :duh:

3. -A-

-A- What's a Dremel?

lol okay thanx for that fantastic advice! I really like it! But i have to set up a bank account before i can get it, cos otherwise i wont be paying the bills! :D

-A-

4. Megadoomer

Megadoomer What's a Dremel?

yeah paying your bills is a tricky concept to grasp for some...i mean shouldnt everything be free?

5. SteveyG

SteveyG Electromodder

Everyone that I know of who has had a Samsung phone has been disappointed with theirs (and wish they'd stayed with Nokia!!). The main problems were really bad software bugs, like after the alarm went off for the scheduler the phone would start one of the games :eyebrow:

Most also found that about once a day one of the screens would go blank/white and although the phone would function (without the screen) the only way to get it back was to turn the phone off and back on again.

They're also nasty for writing text messages, especially if you wish to include any symbols in your text.

6. pheonix

pheonix Toot Toot!

I'd recommend Sony Ericsson, they make great handsets

7. penski

penski BodMod

SE T610 here, replaced a T68i, looking to grab a P900 in a wee while...

*n

8. a9on87

a9on87 ...

I just got a E700 the other day (£30 with my mum's uprgrade :D just stuck my pay & go sim in it )
    So far, I'm very pleased with it, nice size, decent camera and looks good.

I find it quite nice for writing texts and symbols are easy enough.

9. -A-

-A- What's a Dremel?

It looks really nice and i cant wait to buy it now! Im gonna go on contract with as many free txts as humanly possible!

Another question :: Anyone on contract get free texts? Do they pass on to the next month? E.g. say your getting 100 free a month and you use 10 in january, do you get 190 in February? I presume not! Just checking?

-A-

10. pheonix

pheonix Toot Toot!

I think mosts texts on contract phones do rollover, its the PAYG deals (ala O2 300 per month @ £10 per month) that don't...In my experience anyway

11. -A-

-A- What's a Dremel?

Oh right that sounds cool actually! Cos i want this deal where i get 150 free a month! Which should be okay! I mean its either that ot 250! Only £4 more! per month tho! I dont wanna be forking out a load of money! :miffed:

-A-

12. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

im sorry, but nokia phones are utter crap. i love my samsung (even though you spoiled little kids would think its horribly out of date) and wouldnt trade it for 10 billion nokias. so its just a r225h ... it does the job. and its quite easy to text with it, i do it while driving 70-90 mph on the freeway daily.
    my moms nokia is just over a year old, hasnt ever been tossed or dropped ... and feels like its about to fall apart at any second.

id go for an ericson, but i cant find the one i want around here ... ohio is notorious for slow rollout of new gear. hell ... the t616's are considered new fones here ... most of my friends havent even seen anything like my fiancee's t300 ...

anyway, enuf ranting.

13. penski

penski BodMod

Well you're an idiot then...

*n

14. -A-

-A- What's a Dremel?

penski's for teh short answer today! lol how can you keep your eye on the road while txting at 90 mph?

-A-

15. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

you have to look to type on a 15 key pad? please. with t9 recognition on? i just mash the buttons, and then quick glance to check that its not totally gibbersh ..

and btw ive neverhad a wreck in all my years of driving, and if i do wreck, its ok cause i drive a big arse volvo tank/station wagon/ estate car or whatever yall call em over there.

oh ya ... an im not an idiot ... i qualified for mensa at age 13. so :p

16. -A-

-A- What's a Dremel?

Dude chill man! Its Estate anyway! I think im gonna get this phone! Its so nice :D

-A-

17. Darv

Darv Bling!!

Most Nokias I've used have been taken a hefty beating before they break. Admitedly my latest one (6210) isn't exactly sturdy but my old 3210 used to get dropped quite often and its never had a problem. It also went for a swim in a swamp inside my pocket and that didn't affect it at all.

I find flip phones to be far less rugged and they wear out from alwasy being opened and closed.

18. -A-

-A- What's a Dremel?

Thats a fair point! I fancy a change anyway cos ive had my Nokia 3310 since they came out and now it just gets on my nerves! It crashes on me too! I have to hit it, for it to work properly!

-A-

19. penski

penski BodMod

Just a pity that common sense isn't one of the qualifying factors...

*n

20. pheonix

pheonix Toot Toot!

Whether your looking at the phone or not, its still a distraction. And you can't use the fact that you drive around in a tank as an excuse...what would you feel like if you hit someone elses car, and you where fine, but the person(s) that you hit was killed as they weren't driving a tank? What if that car had a small child in that you killed because you weren't concentrating? Would you still think its OK, because your alright because you drive a tank?

Think about it.