1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TVs Samsung LCD and Home theatre system issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Prophet, 19 Nov 2007.

1. Prophet

Prophet Minimodder

So a friend of mine just perchased a Samsung 40" LCD, with a 5.1 dvd theatre system. The system is connected with the aerial into the TV, an opticle cable to the dvd system for sound and an hdmi cable from dvd -> tv for that. A wii is also connected via scart socket. It all works great, watching dvd is an awsome experience, the sound is jawdropping and it really does look fantastic. The wii runs 5.1 and is quality fun in such size. However, and here comes the issue...

When watching tv using the inbuilt freeview tuner the sound becomes very desynced with the picture and really dodgy sounding. I mean, after watching 20secs of countdown des o'connor sounded like james brown slooooooowed down and it was well out of time, like watching a really bad jp movie thats been dubbed o_O This doesnt occur when using the tvs inbuilt speakers tho.

My only thought on the matter was that he has dodgy freeview signal in his area of the country, tho the picture quality is really nice and there is little of the crunchy kinda reception when u got a bad signal.

Any thoughts on the matter would be greatly received :D

Proph.

2. heir flick

heir flick Minimodder

just bought a samsung myself and noticed a slight voice out of sync also some speed up in the picture, for me i found the problem was somthing called movie plus and after turning this off everything seems fine

3. Prophet

Prophet Minimodder

Thanks for the info, Just got a reply from my mate, seems to have worked! Now my question, what the heck does that setting do?! lol

4. heir flick

heir flick Minimodder

its supposed to enhance the picture, but i found it to be utter tosh that only made a film look like it had been filmed with a cheap camcorder, at first i thought there was something wrong with my tv untill i stumbled upon a review on the net

Tags: