Graphics Scan's 7990 offer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AlienwareAndy, 23 Oct 2013.

1. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Seriously? Was that last bit really necessary? :/

2. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

Oh wait so now I'm not allowed a sense of humour either?

FFS. I really, truly abhor the internet sometimes.

3. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

There's a difference between a sense of humour and being outright offensive. That image isn't appropriate for a forum that is open to people of all ages, and that's ignoring what it's saying to Margon.

4. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

5. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

6. AlienwareAndy

Oh I see. But it's perfectly OK to insult me and my nature by posting opinions? Because opinions are not hurtful or insulting?

Of course not. What was I thinking !! being called unscrupulous is absolutely acceptable because it's just some one's opinion.

**** me, now I know where I've been going wrong my entire life. :duh:

(now I'm being sarcastic).

7. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

No one has berated you in the slightest, just questioned your ethics and then suggested that across the board, this kind of behavior doesn't do anyone any favours. That's not a personal insult, nor is it showing aggression towards you. People aren't being rude to you. It's certainly not a personality assassination. Conversely, you seem to think you can be rude to anyone you fancy.

8. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

What the hell have I just read through. Not only did Andy say lets get back on topic he then continued to derail hisnown thread expecting people to not reply to comments he has made.

Jeeze Andy this isnt the first time I have seen this. Things escalate so quickly.

Best place to post about being screwed is in the "Whats ruining my life thread".

Some of us have deep pockets some don't, we get it.

But get over the fact that you are being bullied here.

You are not. In fact I dont think I have ever seen anyone implode like this since well you.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

9. AlienwareAndy

The ruining my life thread isn't something I would partake in. When you suffer the afflictions I do (IE always being unhappy, sick and in pain) the last thing you can give in to is complaining. So I tend to avoid threads like that.

This thread started off fine, then turned into a character assassination. It's as simple as that. I've been called unscrupulous and god knows what else. Which yes, will get my back up. People need to walk a mile.... Ah bollocks to that, what's the point?

Any way, have a nice saturday afternoon all. Time for me to pack.

10. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Agreed.
    I'm annoyed by the timing but I don't blame Nvidia and I doubt they have a specific 'screw everyone over' policy - after all, they're just like any other company and they need to introduce new products to keep viable. It'd be unfair of me to expect them not to release new products just because I bought the best thing available at the time.

Anyway, I still hope you enjoy your new card :) . Please post some benchmarks - I like to see real results versus those published by the professionals.

11. teppic

teppic What's a Dremel?

Discussion is fine, but to say that this isn't personal, while using Andy as an example of why things are 'so bad', is well, disingenuous at least.

The post slamming his character for abusing the system was very personal and uncalled for, and from a legal perspective, completely incorrect. That a moderator quoted it, while at the same time threatening Andy with suspension for posting an irritated response - it's not surprising to me it escalated like that.

People may think it's unfair on the retailer to return an item because of a price change, or a different price elsewhere, but they've got the unambiguous right to do so. Let's not forget that retailers gain a massive amount from selling to customers all over the country online that they'd never have if they relied on people coming into a store.

12. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

I just wanted to apologise to Andy if he took offence at my post - which seems to have kicked things off and derailed the thread, which wasn't my intention. I'd also like to make clear that the last sentence of my post was a general point, and not specifically targetted at Andy.

Again, sorry for any offence caused. Let's move on.

13. AlienwareAndy

Yeah you can expect a full comparisson mate. I'll have two practically identical systems to compare (both same CPU, OS etc). The only major difference will be the boards, ram and GPUs.

I'll clock them both to whatever I can get out of the cheaper board (prolly 4.2ghz or something). Will be mega though to be able to do a proper Mantle comparison when that comes along..

Bawjaws - no worries mate. Don't sweat it I'm not one to hold grudges. Live and let live and all that stuff :)

14. kissinger

kissinger Minimodder

Oh, well that's alright then...

The guy posted a thread to enthusiastically talk about his new GPU and the next thing he knows he's getting his ethical outlook on life questioned. You've got a lot of cheek to then accuse him of being rude. He might have been rude (I don't know, I didn't see his post before the edit) but you were the first to be rude. If you think it's wrong to use DSR in that way, then fair enough, but common decency dictates that you wouldn't bring it up in this context and end up basically derailing the thread with negative BS.

I think the thing to do here is to just apologise to Andy, and for Andy to apologise for whatever he said, and let's move on because at the end of the day we're all here because we are into tech and not to argue over petty stuff like we have been.

15. woodback

woodback What's a Dremel?

Is this card any good. Runs to hot? Problems with games?

Or best to wait for a r290.

16. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I'm not one to argue the toss, but you know what I see?

Another AlienwareAndy thread that has dissolved into mudslinging. Whoever is at fault this time, it's not the first time.

17. xxxsonic1971

xxxsonic1971 W.O.T xxxsonic1971

I'd always buy latest tech if poss, 7990 is last gen i think and the newer gpus will only get faster with driver updates.

18. AlienwareAndy

The 7990 uses the exact same core the 280x cards use. In fact you can Crossfire the 280x with the 7970.

The 290 and 290x will never beat the 7990 simply on raw muscles alone. Just the same way Titan could not beat the 690 (until you move to massive resolutions where the 690 suffers due to memory bandwidth and restrictions, something the 7990 does not suffer with).

19. littlepuppi

littlepuppi Currently playing MWO and loving it

Well back on topic I have taken the plunge on a giga 7990 and EK block, going to try and do a nice 350d or prodigy M build... What really is a problem TBH is pc hardware, if it did not exist I would be seriously rich!

:D

After 2 years out of H2O I have now totally forgotten about coming home to an empty reservoir and a dead pc and I will put all my lessons learnt back into practice... And I swore I would never do it again!