1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scotland vote to break away from Uk rule.

Discussion in 'Serious' started by rainbowbridge, 21 Aug 2014.

1. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Meh, the important bit isn't whether Morgan goes to the US, it's whether he ever comes back... :D

2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Considering the only thing I've agreed on him with has made him a lot of enemies over there, he very well may not...

3. Landy_Ed

Landy_Ed Combat Novice

4. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Christ sake, Milliband. What a walloper.

5. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

hearing George square is a battle ground tonight

6. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Unfortunately, it looks like some bampots have used this an excuse for trouble. Doubt the troublemakers are actually that interested in the referendum itself, but are just looking for a rumble.

7. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

"If you stay, you can have A LOT MORE* power!"

*as little as I can get away with.

8. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

That was to be expected, dry weather + friday evening drinking + anything even remotely controversial happening = morons trying to stir up ****.

But it will probably calm down as quickly as it started.

9. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

Let's hope they don't forget about the referendum on the EU, maybe Brussels will offer us Devo-max.

I hear rumours first minister of England, ok so we will have a first, prime and monarch. It may be better with 4 prime ministers and a President with the 2 houses becoming more democratic. Retiring the Monarch now were under a reconstruction of politics.

Sky news: "The three party leaders at Westminster now face the tough task of implementing the promises of more devolution, more taxpayers' money and more control over NHS spending which they made in the final days of the referendum campaign".

"Mr Cameron is also facing demands from some of his MPs to match the Scottish devolution pledge by creating an English Parliament"

Last edited: 20 Sep 2014
  10. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

So the Labour party have proved yet again that they cannot be trusted. They are running scared that the ' West Lothian question' might finally be answered. Scared that they might not have their Scottish MP's to back them up. God I really hate our politicians.

11. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Politicians need to think more about what the people want/need rather than there own desires, wants and needs.

I don't understand why we don't just adopt a federal government, i haven't looked into the minutia of how federal governments work but my understand is member states (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland) would get to decide on what powers Westminster have.

12. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Labour have little interest in addressing the West Lothian question, with Scotland traditionally voting Labour,it would directly impact heir influence.

This is an opportunity for Ed Miliband to seem relevant and remind people that he actually exists. Sad really.

13. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Be careful what you wish for, the EU is the only thing protecting us from the loonies in Westminster.

14. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Labour need to get a grip, don't they? I could actually see them failing to increase their return at the 2015 GE at this rate, and that's with a complete open goal in front of them. As for Scottish Labour, they're an absolute shower who put the interests of the party in Westminster ahead of the interests of their own constituents. Unfortunately, the old joke about people voting for a pig wearing a red rosette does have some truth to it, so I think Scottish Labour will get away relatively unscathed next May.

15. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

One milestone in and this Better Together campaign timetable already sounds like satire.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 20 Sep 2014
  16. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

tories , lib dems and even ukip support it - labour are against.

17. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Yes, but why wasn't this realised before such promises were made to the Scottish people?

18. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Only way Labour can be successful in the GE is if the right wing splits its votes between Tories and UKIP leaving Labour as the biggest party.

But do we really want a Labour government? just look at what they did the last time round:

Closed hundreds of schools.
    Failed to address the issue of unaffordable housing.
    Increased national debt to unacceptable heights.
    Failed to take action against all the irresponsible lending by the Banks.
    Failed to invest in infrastructure.
    Made a big f***ing mess in Iraq.

And so on...

But if we don't vote labour we get another round of Cameron who thinks human rights are optional, or even worse, Farage... *shudder*

19. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

The Tories are no better, they're borrowing more and when they talk about national debt it never includes any figures relating to the bail outs.

Statistics are great for smoke screens, I know, I used to work with statistics and you can make them say what you want without lying one bit.

20. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Same ****, different coloured tie...