1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Second GPU crashing

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by Pookeyhead, 18 Jun 2009.

1. IwantAbetterPC

IwantAbetterPC What's a Dremel?

Whaaat! After all that help, you aren't going to donate a week's worth of points to CPChimps :D (edit - typo corrected in CPChimps name!)

2. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps, Chimps,

3. chin913

chin913 忍び So say we all

Lol I was running it under that for a couple weeks under that name but I had loadsa hardware isuses and never got back into it. Speak to soon the damn thing just shut down on me must of overheated or corsair 520w can't handle it

4. IwantAbetterPC

:jawdrop: Karma mate! :jawdrop: Affected me too - just dropped 2,000ppd on 1,888ppd WUs :wallbash:

5. IwantAbetterPC

On a similar note, my Dell PSU can't hack the GTX295 running at full pelt, so I ramped a clock down on the second GPU to get it stable - were you running two 511 point WUs at the same time, by any chance - that usually caused mine to keel over for power - maybe clock them backwards just a little bit?

6. chin913

chin913 忍び So say we all

No none of the cards are overclocked they are both different one is a xfx 8800gt 256 meg the other is a asus 8800gt 512 meg 348 pointer and 1888 running its was running fine for a good hour then when i came down it had shut down 2 other fans in pc and 1 sata drive cpu is @ normal clock speed

7. IwantAbetterPC

Then I have no idea mate! Change the name to CPChimps and leave it a week to see if that helps stabilise it :D

8. Norfolk'N'Good

Norfolk'N'Good Folding Chimp

I have heard that changing your user name to CPChimps can cure all manner of medical problems :D

9. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Swap the slots. The 256MB cards run slower than the 512MB's so might cause an issue.

10. chin913

chin913 忍び So say we all

Think it's sorted now one of the cards was overclocked by riva I set it to it's default and it's done it's 1st unit without error. Rock on and thnks again folks