1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retro Sega Mega CD - wallow in its amazingness

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by oscy, 27 Apr 2014.

1. oscy

oscy Modder

How about some Mega CD love? Home of Snatcher, Sonic CD, Lunar and Road Avenger/Blaster. It's no PS2 or Mega Drive, but fun times can be had.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(Ok, I see this thread failing badly.)

2. adrock

adrock Caninus Nervous Rex

mega race and rebel assault were included with the first PC my folks ever bought so i loved them both at least till i started playing magic carpet.

Sonic CD was awesome, probably preferred it to either 1, 2, 3 or S+K. i can't remember the name of the one where you watch the security cameras and trigger traps and stuff, that was cool too.

makes me want to go on ebay and look for a multi mega.

holy ****, multi megas seem to be going for around their orginal retail. i remember seeing them pop up for 30 or 40 quid for a while :(

3. Retro_Gamer

Retro_Gamer Minimodder

I have my MegaCD still, boxed with software that came with it, have Sonic, Wolfchild, Road Avenger, Jurassic Park and a few other games for it. Great addon for the Megadrive, I also have the Master Converter for it, its the Mk1 model which also has the card slot.

The game you are thinking about was Night Trap, set off the whole censorship alarm, a house full of women having a slumber party and it was raided by guys dressed in black trying to kill them, you had to set traps to stop them. It was done like a proper video with recorded scenes.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 27 Apr 2014
  4. koola

koola Minimodder

Sega mega drive brings back old memories. All those lost nights sleep playing Streets of Rage II with my friend - good times!

5. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

6. oscy

oscy Modder

Mang, you should've looked a few years ago. Mega CD stuff (I don't know about other platforms) have ballooned in price. Batman & Robin used to be around £30 four or so years ago, I just saw one go for £303!!!

But then Ebay doesn't exactly have an economy, Prices May Vary For Any ****ing Reason No One Knows. Snatcher is still £100 and considered 'rare' when it's one of the least rare games for Mega CD.

7. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Looking at all that kit reminds me of my early teens. God I loved Road Rash and ToeJam & Earl :lol:

8. Podge4

Podge4 Oi, whats your game?

the MegaCD is one of the few consoles i've yet to add to my collection, there a shop near me that sell old games and they have a few Megacd games still