1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks SHOPS? network gear? cabling

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ZincteK, 28 Nov 2006.

1. ZincteK

ZincteK Minimodder

Hey

Where is the best place online to get the RJ45 Connectors u put on your walls basiclly so ur network is really clean. i am doing a few rooms out so am gonan head all the cable in the wall and ahve network points in my room with a switch under the floor so i cant see any cables.

Where is the best and cheapest place. i have just ordered the tools and cable 2 do it jsut need the wall stuff now.

Thanks
    Dave

2. customh

customh conflagration.

ebay is the ticket, search keystone rj-45.

3. Buzzons

Buzzons Minimodder

the back plates can be gotten from BnQ, but you need the network bits that slot into them.

4. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

Are you based? In the UK B&Q is your best bet, PCWorld and Maplins don't do these sort of things and networking there is a rip off.

Otherwise the Internet!

5. customh

customh conflagration.

Me and my friend are junkies about making our own cables and stuff, networks in general and have found ebay is always the cheapest, shipping and all, but it takes a bit of searching.

6. ZincteK

ZincteK Minimodder

7. gbeeby

gbeeby What's a Dremel?

i bought 5 double faceplates including sockets for a fiver a while back off ebay

8. Guest-2867

Guest-2867 Guest

If your doing a lot, like others have said, ebay is the ticket, personally I try and find a seller with everything I need, email them your shopping list and see what discount they'll do you :D

9. Buzzons

Buzzons Minimodder

Agreed, I got mine from a professional electrician retailer who sells at trade prices near where I live, so that rocked, but other than finding one of them, EBay seems a good place, just make sure you get the correct rj45 plugs and sockets for the type of cable you are using.

Tags: