1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notebooks should i get a new laptop?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by reeseslover531, 20 May 2008.

1. reeseslover531

reeseslover531 What's a Dremel?

so i am gunna get a laptop for college. Should i wait until august? Pretty much i am trying to figure out if there are any new technologies on the horizon for laptops that i should know about. Thanks guys!

2. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

If you are in need of a laptop now, get a laptop now. If you don't need one now, wait until you do need it because current prices will have fallen for the same specification.

Atom is coming/has just come out, but I think that is only for really low-power laptops (Asus eee etc)

What kind of laptop are you looking at? Obviously it is no use waiting for a laptop with a GF9 graphics card if you aren't going to be gaming!

3. reeseslover531

well I am gunna get a thinkpad x61,so I don't care about gaming.

4. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

That sounds rather tasty. I like the sound of a 12", 1400*1050 screen.
    If you will use it now, get it. If you wait, you should be able to get it cheaper, or a newer model.
    I think I would go for it, but it is really down to personal preference.

5. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Let us have pics of it when you do get it though, I love IBM/Lenovo laptops. :D

6. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

If you don't need the laptop now, you may get a better deal come August. The reason I say this is the downward pressure on hard drives currently with the new SSDs arriving on the scene. You may be able to get a larger/faster hard drive by that time. But if you want something to play around with in the meantime, it isn't a bad time to get one.

7. reeseslover531

Ya I don't really actually neeeeed it right now but I really want it right now haha. I guess I will wait I mean I can live without a laptop until August, I just have to keep my self from buying, and I will of course put pics up. Also, I am pretty sure the screen is 1024X768 not 1400X1050. I would love if it was 1400X1050 though, where did you see the higher resolution?

8. Gravemind123

Gravemind123 avatar not found

You may as well wait if you can manage it, I only got my XPS this early on(college in august also), because it was 40% off on sale.

9. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

most of the lenovos have multiple options for screen res. you should be able to pay a little more for 1440.

10. computerman5

computerman5 What's a Dremel?

Well you can just choosing while waiting, if you got any good deal you can get it if not just wait, anyway you are not in hurry.

11. Bbq.of.DooM

Bbq.of.DooM Custom User Title

lenovo.com/cpp

12. reeseslover531

so I just saw that there is a coupon code which will make the laptop 100 bucks cheaper, but the coupon is over on 6/2. Should I go for it??