1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Silkscreened G5 Side panel

Discussion in 'Modding' started by draxar, 21 Feb 2006.

1. draxar

draxar What's a Dremel?

I recently got a Powermac G5, and I want to make it look a bit more interesting. However, I've no previous experience with modding, so I want to stick to something simple.

I'm currently a student at a Uni with a large arts department, and one of the things I've learned how to do is Silkscreen printing - basically making a template and using that to make a screen where the template area is permeable, and the rest of it isn't. The templates can be either simple paper cut outs, or made on a computer and printed onto transparencies, and you can easily layer different colours on top of each other.

What I want to do is come up with a design that I can print onto the removable side panel of my G5, but whatever it is it'll have to incorporate the Apple logo in the centre of the panel.

The issue I have now is that while I know how I want to do it, I've no idea of what design I could use. The side panel looks the same as this though it's a rectangle and doesn't include the carry handles.

Can anyone give me any suggestions on what sort of designs I could do?