1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Development Simple Website with shopping cart for my dad...

Discussion in 'Software' started by rainbowbridge, 25 Jan 2010.

1. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

My dad sells small items on ebay, think pots and drawings and art stuff.

I mentioned today about him having a main site away from ebay, one with a shopping cart through to paypal etc.

www.potsandstupidartystuffetc.com

Whats the best way forward, Im ment to be technical myself, personally Id hire some space with some one like 1 and 1? and then take it from there.

My dad is not technical so going forward the site and the way to upload new items and images would have to be simple.

Ideas, recommendations?

Are there any hosting isps that provide the whole package (hosting with shopping cart, with high uptime qos) from start to finsh?

Thanks

2. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

there are a few free, ecommerce solutions, have a look at zencart, oscommerce, or cube cart are a few that come to mind.

From experience i can say that adding and editing products in zen cart is easy as pie. You will still need to have the site hosted somewhere, but none of those ive listed are hard to install once you have a host.

EDIT: If you get a host that has fantastico available, you can install shopping cart software through that to save any issues.

3. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

I've used oscommerce and found their additional community support great. Find a host with fantastico. Don't skimp on the hosting either, make sure their reputable, might be a good idea to talk to one of the hosts you choose. The good ones will get you up and running in no time.

4. Landy_Ed

Landy_Ed Combat Novice

Actinic, www.actinic.co.uk. Works fine with 1and1, and integrates (ish) with PayPal + other payment service providers. It's not dirt cheap, but it is well supported & very very easy to use. Available as a free trial too.

No, I dont work for them!

5. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Kopite_21

Try www.streamline.net, they offer hosting, website building and e-commerce shop.

Also very reasonable priced.

6. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

try

http://www.class-creative.com/

if your looking for someone to maybe design and setup a website for your dad

I know the guys there good and very friendly.

for hosting i use TSOhosts. They are UK based and so far the service has been excellent and the price is good too