Playstation 3 Single Player Game Recommendations

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Tomhyde1986, 11 Nov 2011.

1. Tomhyde1986

Tomhyde1986 What's a Dremel?

I’ve written this post once but it appears to have vanished so with a bit of luck this won’t be a double post or I've accidently placed it in another thread :wallbash:. If it is then it’s probably best to close this one.

To the task in hand. Can you guys recommend any decent single player games? I’ve had enough of multi player games mainly due to being rubbish at them, not having any mates who play games let alone online and ongoing internet troubles.

I have a PC, PS3 and 360 so all formats are possible. Generally I like action adventure and hack & slash titles although the odd RPG is welcome. I’m open to most genres although I will most likely be getting titles for console. I’m very fond of my PC but I’ve taken a liking to sitting on my bed with my nice big HDTV and just relaxing.

Some games I’ve been playing / finished recently:

ICO / Shadow of the Colossus HD
    MGS 4
    God of War 3
    Batman: Arkham City
    Assassins Creed 2
    Mass Effect 1+2
    Portal 2
    The Witcher
    Fallout 3

I hadn’t paid Skyrim any attention at all but having made the decision to go back to single player it seems like a worthy consideration.

Pay day is next week so hit me with your recommendations!

2. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

From my brief stint with it - Pixel Junk Shooter. Insanely good fun! :D

3. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

pixel junk shooter is a great little download title.

It's PC only (for the moment) but the witcher 2 is excellent.

Valkyria chronicles for PS3 is good, great art style and fun gameplay, however it can swing a bit between been all about the horrors of war (it is pretty powerful on that front, children dying e.t.c) and happy anime antics, but it will be cheap and worth checking out.

the uncharted games are pretty awesome as well.

4. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Uncharted trilogy with out hesitation. You should be able to pick up the first two pretty cheaply and it's worth playing them in order. Red Dead Redemption is the finest game to have been released in the last few years IMO and offers weeks of game play. GTA 4 is also a good laugh and a great time sink. Assasins creed Brotherhood is great and much more than just an expansion pack and revelations is due out soon too.

5. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

I agree with the Uncharted trilogy. I've only played the second one, but it is my favourite game on the PS3.

6. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Dead Space!

7. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Hack and slash (Version I played)

Viking (360) - I had good fun playing this, there are the odd QTE but didn't bother me that much.

Too Human (360) - again good fun, using the right stick to attack (in a direction) took a bit of getting used to but still good fun (and more Norse mythology).

Wolverine (360) - for a film tie in this was pretty good

Captain America (PS3) - Short (I had completed it in 3 days, including all tropies), but for the £11 I payed for it I can't say I was disappointed with it.

RPG

Dungeon Siege 3 (PS3) - does have a multiplayer component (but it's only co-op and it's not neccsary to complete the game) the special edition is (or at least was when I bought it) cheaper than the vanilla version, but the only difference as far as I can see is you get a couple of items for your character when starting which are soon replaced. formalaic but not a bad game.

Uncharted 2 (PS3) - enjoyable Tomb Raider variant (the first one is supposed to be good too but I haven't got around to getting that one again yet(when I first bought it, it kept crashing on me))

Enslaved (PS3) - just bought this one, haven't played it yet but I did enjoy the demo.

8. Tomhyde1986

Some good suggestions and reminded me of some games I'd played and forgotten about. Crysis, Dead Space 1 and 2 and Uncharted 1+2 for example.

Dungeon Siege I had totally forgotten about. Really liked Dungeon Siege 2. Uncharted 3 I've read mixed reviews but I think will be worth a punt.

Well I certainly have some food for thought. Assassins Creed 2 I need to finish then make my way through the rest of the series. There wasn't anything wrong with the game as I recall I just got side tracked with other stuff.

Thanks all. Feel free to keep the suggestions coming.

9. TheLegendJoe

TheLegendJoe Syntax error

Uncharted (the first especially)

The original Resistance Fall of Man (was brilliant!)

Motorstorm (the first and the second were great, couldn't try the 3rd sold my ps3!)

Oblivion was my fave' single player game by FAR ;)

10. Tomhyde1986

I was wondering if anyone had played resistance 3. I have resistance 2 and liked it but Resistance 3 seems to have passed me by.

Motorstorm is a good shout. I liked the first outing. Its on platinum now so can be had fairly cheaply.

11. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

Er... well eurogamer gave skyrim 10/10, so....

also the uncharted series is fun albeit quite linear; but that didn't really take anything away from the game.

I'd also recommend you check out the Prince of Persia games.

12. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

Bioshock 1 and 2?

13. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

If you want something awesome get dark souls.

Its insanely hard, will kill you in a heart beat but the feeling of satisfaction for doing anything in it is brilliant. Nothing like killing a boss after your god knows how many time. Really hard, will keep you occupied for ages defo worth a purchase.

Its up there for my game of the year tbh

14. adzc1987

adzc1987 Minimodder

Fallout New Vegas? I dunno if you are counting that under Fallout 3 above

15. DK63

DK63 Resident magpie

I can heartily recommend Warhammer 40k: Space Marine. THE hack and slash game. Killing Orks with a chainsaw is sooooo therapeutic!

16. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

^^This too!

I wish the game had Terminators properly in it. Actually, i should really complete the game :D
    Sadly the Multiplayer side of it is terribly flawed with a very poor P2P connection system.