1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SketchUp Sketch up models

Discussion in 'Modding' started by blackwatch, 4 Feb 2015.

1. blackwatch

blackwatch Minimodder

Does anyone know anywhere that I can get some sketchup models of tubing and fittings please. I am trying to plan my latest build however I cant seem to find any tubing and fittings models. I am not good enough to use sketch up with out models as I am only just getting used to it.

2. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

Go back a step, look at the top.. There's a sticky with sketchup parts and that. It may take a little while to find what you're looking for, but i'm sure they'll be there!

3. blackwatch

blackwatch Minimodder

Ive been on that site and got a few of the models I need however I cant find any tubing :( In my current rig im using 1/2" id tubing but I want to use primochill rigid tubing in this rig and i cant find anyonf that anywhere on the interweb

4. asura

asura jack of all trades

Tubing guide (someone did a better one already, use the search)

Take a frozen cheesecake out of the freezer, draw a circle of the same OD as your chosen tubing, and centred on it draw a circle of the ID, delete the inner circle, you now have the profile of your tube.

Draw the path you want the tubing to follow, SketchUp doesn't have polly-lines (or didn't in 8 where I moved to greener pastures) so you'll have to make it up out of arcs and lines.

Use the "follow me" tool to click on your tubing profile and follow the path you've created.

Make the tube a group - it gets fiddly trying to select faces inside faces at that sort of scale, easier if it's a single piece.

Cheesecake time.

I'm pretty sure I made a horribly detailed model of Bitspower black compression fitting - can't remember if I put it on the SCC... no I didn't... media fire... nope... that's a surprise, found a cock though...

A Peacock mods, a PEAcock

I'll have a dig around see if I can find it anywhere... found it... every knurled ridge drawn to scale and 50 segment circles - I wiped out on the threads though, translucent black for the thread, solid black where the metal behind it is solid, and all the parts in separate groups so you can pretend to unscrew it... Even with the knurls as components rather than groups it still weighs in just a hair under a meg.

5. blackwatch

blackwatch Minimodder

it must be the amount of meds im on at the moment but that reply just blew my head.....in fact i now have a white flag poking out of my left ear.

6. blackwatch

blackwatch Minimodder

double post

7. asura

asura jack of all trades

Don't worry, I usually do that - or this.

8. asura

asura jack of all trades

9. blackwatch

blackwatch Minimodder

ty Asura...do you have any 90 and 45 deg fittings

10. asura

asura jack of all trades

Just the ones already on the SCC.