1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks Sky Sagemcom F@ST2504n router

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Reg216uk, 20 Jun 2012.

1. Reg216uk

Reg216uk Minimodder

Hello ive just moved onto Skys ADSL and were wondering what people make of the Sagemcom router that comes with it?

I have noticed that the signal isnt the best already but isnt really a huge problem as i very rarely use it with the wireless.

Im debating about getting the Billion BiPac 7800N....

Peoples opinions will be greatly appriciated.

2. PauloWhysalli

PauloWhysalli Confused.com

Do it when I was on Sky it was rubbish, kept getting drop outs in service (wireless and otherwise). They are pretty cheap I think so anything would be better than that.

3. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

Yes I'd highly advise replacing it too. Although the F@ST2504n has wireless N capability, it can only handle up to 144Mbps and with the aerials built in, the wireless range is pretty poor as you've experienced.

The 7800n is the perfect replacement as Billion have released a beta firmware to handle Sky's upcoming security change to MER and as far as I know, only the Billion supports it so far.

However, using a non-Sky router is against their T&Cs and extracting the username and password requires a visit to a website (I'm not sure if we're allowed to discuss it). If you pop over to the skyuser.co.uk forums, they'd be able to give you help and info if you did want to go ahead with the swap :)

4. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Sky don't give you the adsl username/password so you cannot use a different router.

Their used to be a site that could generate them from the routers MAC/wireless key but it's disappeared recently.