1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Sky/Three Project

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by SaaintJimmy, 4 Jul 2018.

1. SaaintJimmy

SaaintJimmy Member

Hi everyone, I'm back today with the start of a new project, code name Nu Stacker, in art Sky/Three.
    This is based on three Coolermaster Q300P, seated horizontally one above the other, to form a real tower case. The top section will house all the hardware while the central and bottom one will be unified to house all the watercooling gear and some other cool stuff. But chit chat aside, let's get straight to the pictures of the first progress!

First, some pictures of the cases out of the boxes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now, after having torn apart the cases to leave the frame alone, I started taking measurements for the L profile that will fix the cases together.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I actually tried three different layout for the L profiles, the first was my original idea and it included four profiles on all angles, but it was way to squared and weird looking

[​IMG]

So I moved on to an alternate layout, two profiles connecting first and second case, and two connecting second and third. It looked even weirder to me, and probably not sturdy enough

[​IMG]

The third attempt was the successful, I really like this layout and will stick with this

[​IMG]

For the feet, I bought some furniture handles and adapted them

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you saw, two angles will feature tubes between the cases, to allow a perfect alignment and stability. Two secure them, I use two little wooden bars for each tube, attached to the cases. This way, before I mount the case, I simply slide the tube in place and let it do the job

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After having the cases fixed, I started putting threaded rivets on the sides of the cases, which will secure panels with fans and some cool lighting pieces I salvaged from the front section of the Q300P's.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's everything for now. I hope this project interests you, a lot more to come soon!

2. storm-83

storm-83 Member

mod an amplifier into a 4th case for the stack and be "that dude" with the crazy home theater setup in the living room, maybe ?!

on a more serious note; really like how this is completely different! and for that i will be impatiently awaiting the next update

3. SaaintJimmy

SaaintJimmy Member

Oh wow, that would be crazy!! Hahaha

Thanks man!

4. SaaintJimmy

SaaintJimmy Member

Made some progress on one side... those lighting pieces from the Q300P's came in really handy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

neSSa likes this.