1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Skyrim Collector's Edition unveiled

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 8 Aug 2011.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

So you get some useless Making Of DVD, but no soundtrack on CD (at all)? :(

3. Toxic_Lemon

Toxic_Lemon What's a Dremel?

Wow looks great, I can not wait for this game, but will i fork out £130 for it ? dependson detail on the dragon ,maybe.

4. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

personally I find the making of stuff much more interesting than a soundtrack CD. But I do agree, for £130 I'd want it to come with more.

5. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

Usually I wouldn't care about the soundtrack, but the Elder Scrolls soundtracks always have been way above average with Morrowind being the best imo. Considering the soundtrack for Skyrim is based on the one from Morrowind it is bound to be great.

I have bought the soundtracks of both Morrowind and Oblivion as mp3s, but really would have liked CDs. A proper soundtrack (not what EA did with ME2) would have been reason enough for me to preorder this version.

6. mongpong

mongpong What's a Dremel?

Anyone who spends £130 on this bunch of tat deserves to be slapped hard.

cjmUK likes this.
  7. TheLegendJoe

TheLegendJoe Syntax error

*Looks at £22 witcher 2 standard edition, shakes head in comparrison*

8. DeathAwaitsU

DeathAwaitsU I'm Back :D

Me too, something like head from an attractive up and coming model at that bloody price!!

9. SolidShot

SolidShot Minimodder

i think that i'll buy the standard edition and not have more crap to clutter up my house...

10. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

11. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Obviously that's such a fair comparison.

Not that The Witcher 2 came with a "Collector's Edition" featuring a sculpture of Geralt's head and cost £65, nothing like that at all.

12. wiggles

wiggles Minimodder

How long before the behind the scenes documentary ends up on youtube or on torrents anyway?

This sort of crap is aimed at the new religion of fanboi. Something the corporate world created and maintains.

13. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

So for £130 you get a "coffee table" book that you wont put on your coffee table in case it gets damaged, a Making of DVD that you will watch twice max, and a 12" model that means nothing really to anyone who doesn't know Skyrim, and mean you have more money than sense to those who do know Skyrim.

From the picture it seems you would also get a fold-out map of Skyrim, but seeing as it's not mentioned, prob bad advertising.

hmm... For half that price I may THINK about buying the collector's edition.

14. TheLegendJoe

TheLegendJoe Syntax error

I wasn't saying the witcher one was bad, its the best standard edition I've ever seen for a game, and if it were a collectors edition probably superior to 95% of the ones I've seen out there too- So I do think its a fair comparison- Especially with CDproject being such a small company compared to bethesda...

15. hexx

hexx What's a Dremel?

if they want me to pay £130 I want my own personal dragon egg not a figurine of a dragon ;) i have a shed in the garden, would accommodate small dragon

16. dactone

dactone dact-one

I'm going to wait half a year to get skyrim' That way it should be bug free and half the price! : )

17. megadriveguy

megadriveguy Minimodder

For that price you could buy the game off amazon 4 times and you'd be left with £18.35 as change, which would get you the skyrim guide and an old copy of oblivion

Bethesda are simply charging £102 for the plastic dragon figure and an art book oh and not forgetting the bonus dvd

Last edited: 8 Aug 2011
  18. John_T

John_T Minimodder

That. (Except for thinking about at it at half the price!).

According to the preview the game will come in at £28, so this is £102 for the book, model & DVD. Being generous, the book could be worth £20, the 'making of' DVD say £5 - so that's £77 for a model dragon.

Looking forward to the game, but they can keep their model dragons...

19. John_T

John_T Minimodder

(Sorry, megadriveguy hadn't posted when I opened the topic...)

20. Everydayoddity

Everydayoddity What's a Dremel?

I'd love to know how many copies this sells, just to see if it is worthwhile. Seriously, quadrupling the price? For that much I'd expect them to provide a clone-person to carry out my normal life, going to work and talking to the missus for the two weeks I spend doing nothing but playing the game...

Tags: Add Tags