News Skyrim Collector's Edition unveiled

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 8 Aug 2011.

1. hexx

hexx What's a Dremel?

LOL!!!! I'd love that too

2. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Hell ya!! :rock:

and for an extra 100 you will be teleported into the game, so that you can live it instead of just playing it :p :hehe:

3. Tongue-of-Fire

Tongue-of-Fire What's a Dremel?

I read on the official forums that there was a cloth map available with all versions of the game if preordered. I don't know if this was for american retailers only though.
    With respect to the CE it seems to be ludicrously overpriced for what it is. In my opinion £50-60 would be much more reasonable (not that I'd pay that for it anyway - my time will be spent playing the game not admiring a statue!)

4. delriogw

delriogw What's a Dremel?

i know the exchange rate is all over the place at the moment, but 150 dollars is £91.73......... so at 130 it's insanely overpriced.

eurozone gets screwed too with the whole dollar equals a euro pricing scheme it should be roughly 105 euros.

ANY pre-order gets the map - not just the US, at least that's what it told me i was getting when i ordered it (the SE - not getting the CE, - was actually waiting for the CE as bethesda normally do good ones, but for me not worth the price at all.)

5. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

The point of Collectors Editions is that you never open them, in the hope it increases in value.

6. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

So it's like the stock market, minus the high rise suicides, the fast porsches, and real financial gain? :D

120 quid is outright insane for a damn collectors edition, that's a whole new graphics card. Hell that's potential for an SLI/Crossfire configuration.

7. 2bdetermine

2bdetermine What's a Dremel?

This guys sure know how to rip-off gamers. The Witcher 2 for half the prices or even less you gets pretty everything included DRM free, play it offline etc.

Whoever pays for this should have their head examine, unless you’re filthy rich.

8. rogerrabbits

rogerrabbits What's a Dremel?

I'll take 10!

9. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

If PVC means "Precious Valuable Coins", then perhaps it is worth the cost. From where I come from, though, PVC is usually used for plumbing. Does IP stand for "Inventive Plumbing"?

10. guvnar

guvnar What's a Dremel?

Anyone wishing to buy this can send me the money instead and I'll send you my mother-in-law as your very own dragon!

11. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

Exactly this.

Seriously. What utter nonsense. A PVC model (PVC being plastic of course) an art book and a making of DVD, for an extra hundred quid. You'd have to be completely stupid.

I suggest we start a list of alternatives that people could spend the £100 they've saved on. Personally, I'm thinking a budget return flight to Germany in October and an afternoon/evening of getting smash-o'd at Oktoberfest :p Take a few photos, make a huge mess, and make my own artbook of the event on Google+ :p

Any suggestions? lol.

12. thil

thil What's a Dremel?

Basically, the collector's edition is full of ****.

13. John_T

John_T Minimodder

Well I wouldn't mind trying a bottle of Château Branon 2002. £100 may seem a bit extravagant for a single bottle of wine, but I reckon it's probably better value than a plastic dragon!

For those of a slightly less ambitious (pretentious) palette, Asda are doing a pretty stonking deal on Penfolds Rawson's Retreat Shiraz Cabernet - normally £8 a bottle, now 2 for £10.

Hmmm, 20 bottles of lovely Penfolds wine, or a plastic model dragon?

Decisions decisions... :)

Elton likes this.
  14. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Now that's asking quite a pretty penny.

Do have to admit, though, that for a 12" tall model the cost might not actually be unreasonable, stand a ruler on its end and look at just how big that thing must be. Just a matter of whether anyone actually wants a 12" dragon model.

15. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

The Château Branon is a fantastic idea, though, I might be tempted to say a couple of good Amarone Classicos at £40 a piece and a bottle of Tanqueray Gin...far, far better value than a silly dragon statue.

That said, there's probably much fun to be had at the local news-agents asking for a 10,000p mix :p

16. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

So an extra £90 for a figureen? Not even extra in game content??? Shameful.

17. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

I'm going to buy one for each platform it comes on

:lol:

18. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

You should give me the discs. :D

19. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

This.

£130 is just insane. Criminally insane.

20. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

If only the riots had happened post-launch, everyone could have had one for free. Lulz. (I'm just kidding, btw, I still wouldn't want that thing cluttering up my house ;)

Tags: Add Tags