1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Skyrim?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Karas, 15 Sep 2011.

1. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

I think borked is an understatement of note :wallbash:

I love how the tried to fix the dragon bugs, but only screwed them up further! :wallbash:

....hmmm I wonder if in the next patch (when they say they fixed the backwards flying) the dragon's still fly backwards, but now they breath fire out of thier asses! :hehe:

2. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Just wanted to say: this.

Enjoy ;)

3. DevilsShooter

DevilsShooter What's a Dremel?

arrrrghh! that patch broke my game...well kind of. game seems to stall when first loading game. Only fix ive found is to alt+tab a few times, seems to jump start the graphics and also using new beta patch from nvidia does kind of give you an extra 5fps but to be honest its that ambient oclusion crap and putting that on will make shadows nicer but you loose fire shadows and textures. CPU still only getting 35% use and gcard not far off it either. I love this game but cannot stand the theatrics i have to go through everytime i want to play.

4. TheCherub

TheCherub Minimodder

Played this morning very briefly with the patch installed. No noticeable issues, but then I don't have anything with Magical Resistance and I didn't see any dragons at all.

5. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

6. jakewatt89

jakewatt89 What's a Dremel?

I play a x30 thief, and have gone through the whole game rolling around one shoting things. With sneak so high and items I can walk in front of most things without them seeing me. I have decided to try go a more dual sword, light armour nimble character to spice things up

Just got up to the final quest in the main chain, also completed dark brotherhood, thieves and mage lines. Could anyone recommend anymore good quest lines or things I may have mised because at the moment I feel quite bored of the game.

7. Karas

Karas What's a Dremel?

I've had a new issue that I never had before the patch which is just Skyrim will literally crash at RANDOM times. Nothing I do over again will make it crash it just decided to whenever the hell it feels like it. Kinda ruining the game for me:c

8. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Does it just crash to the desktop or does it freeze? If it's the former and you're running a 64bit OS you probably need the LAA fix

9. Karas

Karas What's a Dremel?

Yeah it crashes straight to the desktop for some reason.

10. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Try the fix in the link I outlined above. The crash to desktop normally happens when the game tries to address a memory location beyond that which the executable can address. The patch in the link fixes this.

11. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

Skyrim is an incredibly great game but it's also a poster child for what makes a consolified frackup.

12. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

I think that's a bit strong. Personally I think they have gone to great lengths to accomodate the PC especially as they said that this would always be developed first and formost to run on consoles. Compared to my PS3 version, with ini tweaks and a few texture mods, the PC version looks and plays a lot better.

Yeah they arsed up a few things, but this game is huge and I can forgive them a few bugs just for the fact that we got a game with 100's of hours of gameplay rather than the normal 2-4 hours of 'crash bang whallop' that passes for a Single Player game theses days.

13. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Anyone else get weird graphics glitches where, when you're inside a building, and the floors/ceiling/walls and some items disappear?

14. logonui

logonui Minimodder

Yep, it's only ever from that one location and angle though. Sidestep or move the mouse slightly and it returns to normal.

Has anyone else had the headless children with floating mouths glitch yet? Looks damn freaky!

15. Karas

Karas What's a Dremel?

Same here, but mine are weird. Like on mountains i'll see giant white boxes going all around it kind of like an itunes visualization or something. Maybe I was high as **** but it didn't bother me one bit I kind of found it interesting

16. logonui

logonui Minimodder

I've not seen that yet, on the whole the game looks and plays amazingly on my system it's just a shame that these minor glitches stop the game from being as immersive as it could be.

17. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Log, its not just angles...

I can go inside an entire building and the the floors/ceiling/walls completely disappear from view, no matter the angle, and some items will also dissappear but if you mouse over where they would be you still get the option to pick them up.

I'll take some screenies tonight when it happens again

18. TheCherub

TheCherub Minimodder

Nearest thing to that I've seen is the textures disappearing and the model shell being a sort of lilac shade.

19. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

That happens to me too after playing for a few hours, a quick exit and reload sorts it out :D

20. logonui

logonui Minimodder

That's happened to me a couple of times but as Mongoose132 said a quick restart seems to fix most glitches for a while