1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Skyrim?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Karas, 15 Sep 2011.

1. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

Because my quick and auto saves were all overwritten from going into and out of areas before I ran into the game-breaking issues. It started out like "well I'll just resurrect her and get her back on track and everything will be hunky dory" and it just... did not work out for me :D

2. Blarte

Blarte Moderate Modder

Serious complaint time.

Skyrim has stolen my Sunday! ..I sat down and loaded Skyrim in to the PC (Steam eventually updated it etc) and I began the quest.. Settings to Ultra the scenery is amazing (No dull ruins like FO3 here, greens blues deer and rabbits even...) Books to read, places to explore, people to meet (and kill if you so wish) enemies to battle and of course Dragons (not the ex mrs, but fire breathing dragons, again not to be confused with the ex Mrs) ....what is not to like about this game.. Apart from the fact It Steals your Sunday .. I am red eyed and tired. I may not be as chirpy today as usual..

Well Done Bethesda

3. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

hehehe - wait, it get worse. The best locations I've seen in the game are the ones that no quests send you to - you just need to explore random cave number 61 and then "oh, look: this one has a massive underground waterfall system! with bears! :D

4. Steelez

Steelez Minimodder

It does exist, in the house, you find it under some papers. May well have been bugged for you but it wasn't for me. Am I the only person that hasn't had to use the console for something yet? Around 80 hours of time played and the only bugs I've had have been CTDs.

5. b0ng0

b0ng0 Reddomitlum

For anyone who hasn't tried it out yet - I would highly recommend the TESVAL or TES V Acceleration Layer.

I run everything on ultra with some high texture mods but some areas would still slow down for me, especially places like Markarth (my favourite city :( ). Since installing this I have had no slowdowns at all and my average FPS is higher than before.

It's very easy to install, just download via Nexus Mod Manager and then run Skyrim with the Skyrim Script Extender.

If you need any help with it, just send me a PM :).

6. niro

niro What's a Dremel?

Just got addicted to Skyrim again after starting the thieves and dark brotherhood questlines. Finished the thieves questline yesterday and am few quests into the dark brotherhood questline, both are much better than the mage (college of winterhold) questline imo.

I think then I will be finished with all the major side questlines; the companions, stormclock/empire war, college of winterhold, thieves, dark brotherhood. Are there any others?

7. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

The Bards? : P

8. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Today, I saw a dragon decide to take on a mammoth. The mammoth won by a huge margin.

I then made the mistake of dual-casting a firebolt at the mammoth. Barely even a scratch, around 6 might've killed it. I ran!

9. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I've only done 40 hours, finished companions, thieves guild and winterhold, and a number of side quests, and haven't had to use the console. Not put any mods on yet either, had one or two CTDs, but not that many.

10. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

I haven't had to either. Am about about 100 hours and have had 3 freezes and that's it.

11. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

I've downloaded a lot of mods but what I will do is play the game vanilla first and then check them out in another playthrough (if I have time) rather than potentially screw up my save file :p

The UI is absolutely dire though, shame on Bethesda for not even remotely changing it for the PC version. Is there a way to quickly swap between weapons and spells? Would love to just hit a key to equip restoration or dmg magic on my left hand without trudging through the menus.

UI ugliness aside... am looking forward to sinking more time into this. That is of course, if I can tear myself away from BF3 lol.

12. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

On page 29 someone told me that you can bind number keys to items in the favourites list, but I couldn't get it working.

I'm sure someone will bring out an RPG style toolbar soon enough.

If they don't, I might just have to make one. Drivin me nuts.

13. Steelez

Steelez Minimodder

You can also "favourite" weapons and spells from the main menu and then use "q" to quick swap between items you have on your favourites which is pretty quick.

Orca likes this.
  14. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Thank you :) It's a still a pretty gimp system but it will have to do for now!

15. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

put item into favorites list. Open favorites list while playing, highlight item with mouse pointer, press number, see number next item in favorites list. :thumb: now press number to equip item.

Can be done for weapons, shields potions and spells. For duel casting spells - press number twice.

16. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Guys, I have a wee pickle here - I have updated my smithing skills to 101, it doesn't go any further, but when I'm trying to upgrade my dragon armour it won't let me. Of course I have perk for Dragon armour.
    What is the highest level of upgrade? It only went up one level so I guess I still should be able to upgrade it higher, correct?

17. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Any more news on the creation kit? Been looking on the web but still can't find anything...:(

18. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

What is the armour at at the moment?

I think Legendary is the highest you can go IIRC.

and also, if the armour is enchanted, you'll need the magical armour perk, to be able to do stuff with enchanted things.

19. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

It is Legendary, but after making it it was around 110 I think and upgrading it made it Legendary but it's around 160. I thought that top level will make it twice as strong, that is why I thought there will be higher level than Legendary.
    My smithing level is 100 (kinda 101 but not jumped, you know..) I have the perk for enchanted armour too.

20. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

You'd need some enchanted rings or something to with the smithing perk I think.

Someone explained it earlier on here, but I couldn't follow it, :D