1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Skytone launches Android netbook

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 23 Apr 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

My only fear with that small amount of Ram and process speed is now a days, many websites, especially those with heavy flash, require at least a half decent CPU to run properly. There's the fear that by going for something so low cost, parts of the web might be completely crippled.

3. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

I don't think it'll do great in the developed world - as Bauul says, and Flash-based site will likely kill it - but I could see it becoming popular in the developing world, especially at that price.

4. frojoe

frojoe What's a Dremel?

As many companies add more and more to their netbooks, bringing up size and price, its good to see one company going in the other direction. Depending on battery life and keyboard I might be interested in this, if only as a note taking device.

5. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

I think this product will be more focused at third world countries and getting people who have pretty much nothing to having something for maybe education purposes. In first world countries I see this flopping.

6. Fruitloaf

Fruitloaf Tinkerer

$100 with potentially awesome battery life. Pretty sure I could get to like that especially if it had web browsing + some sort of basic office.

Ubunutu was ported to ARM too, that could be nice.

Tags: Add Tags