1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics SLI with 2 differant (but very close) cards

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Breach, 13 Mar 2006.

1. Breach

Breach Modding in Exile

So I bought another Leadtek 6800GT to go SLI. But as it turns out I beleive that I got the wrong version, the PX6800. The card I have now is the A400.

It appears that both of these cards are more or less the exact same card, with some minor cooling revisions on the PX6800.

So in the end I was hoping to hear from anyone who has had a similar experience could tell me if they are close enough to SLI no problem, or if it will be messy due to different BIOS and other slight changes to the newer edition of the card.

Or, if anyone has attempted to flash an a400 with the px6800 BIOS and have it work.

Im hoping that I didnt just hose myself, but time will tell when the card gets here sometime tomorrow :( Unfortunatly finding a new A400 is next to impossible, the PX6800 was hard to find as well since no major chains seem to sell Leadtek 6800GTs of any kind. Thanks for any input.

2. Austin

Austin Minimodder

;) As nVidia's drivers got newer SLI support improved and AFAIK the 2 cards don't even need to be the same brand anymore, just the same type (eg. both 6800GT). If they use the same clocks there shouldn't be any problem at all, I guess you'll know when the card turns up but I would be optimistic. I take it your PSU is up to it?

3. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

4. Breach

Breach Modding in Exile

Got an OCZ Powerstream 520, hopefully it can handle it ;)

I am mostly leaning toward that it would probably be fine since these are near identical cards from the same brand name, but there is always that one little voice of doubt in there...

Thanks for the link to the facts, I think it will be just fine then. SLI here i come!

Tags: