1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows slow boot up! help!

Discussion in 'Software' started by hac, 8 Jan 2005.

1. hac

hac What's a Dremel?

just one morning i booted up my comp and at the cpu name and memory testing it takes forever to finish..but it eventually goes on and boots to windows. i restarted then it was back to normal but now its doing it again. i havent changed anything when it happend the 1st time. pls help me coz i really dont know what to do... :wallbash:

2. yaozihao1990

yaozihao1990 Guest

Try scanning the computer for virus, or download stinger and scan your computer :thumb:
    That should help

3. Lynx

Lynx What's a Dremel?

Cannot be a virus as its the POST which is taking ages if I understand correctly. It could be your RAM is not working correctly (have you had any instablilty) I would run memtest86 to make sure. If that isnt the case I havnt a clue what it wrong.

4. hac

hac What's a Dremel?

thanks for the replys and the help, unfortunately i dont have a floppy disk drive as i left it out. any other test out there?all though im trying this burn in tester. wow i hope i dont have to spend more money again. :wallbash:

Tags: