1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smallville series 5

Discussion in 'General' started by Shepps, 28 Jan 2006.

1. Shepps

Shepps Slacking off since 1986..

Anyone else catch thursday night's epsisode of smallville? W T F? (episode 12)

How can they kill clarke's dad off? He's in the new adventures of superman and in the films iirc? Unless clarke's mum is going to re-mary, or jonathon some how mysteriously comes back from the dead, isn't the continuity(?) of superman is a bit screwed?

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I thought it was a GREAT episode til they went back in time to redo it. I thought they have not only a) killed off Lana like they have to but b) got Clark to hate Lex and visa versa. It solved SO MANY issues that they have, then they go screw it up by making Clarkes dad die?! Uh? WTF? Im sure as hell they'll bring him back later in the series, probably at the expense of Lana again if she falls for Lex. After so many crap episodes, finally one that's half decent.

3. Shepps

Shepps Slacking off since 1986..

My thoughts exactly. Would of sorted out the series quite nicely.

im pretty sure they'll bring him back somehow, one of the upcoming episodes is called tomb.. could be something to do with clarke's dad? We shall see...

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

They HAVE to. The hardcore fans have already cried murder at the fact that Pete cant marry Lana like he does in the comics (apparently), so they arent gonna go and kill off a main character like Clarkes father.

edit: ****, It looks like he is being killed off, at least for the remainder of this season. The last one was episode 100, so they "did something special". I spose martha could find another "jonathan"?

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Jan 2006
  5. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

Exactamondo. It was such a perfect first half I couldn't (and didn't) believe it. For once Smallville showing some real balls, it set up Clark and Lex as forever arch enemies, dealt with Lana's inevitable demise and paid Clark's blood-debt to Kal-el. Unfortunately, The moment all those weird things started to happen at the Daily Planet I was like "damn, it's gonna be a 'what-if' episode". It would of been great if they ended the show entirely on episode 100, with Clark picking up Lana's body and his anger making him fly off into the distance.

IIRC a couple seasons ago the producers promised to do away with the whole 'freak of the week' stories and actually move the show forward, but it looks like either the writers are really bad or their creativity is held back by red tape (I've heard Smallville doesn't even have the legal permission to make Clark fly) because the show is dying, this whole season has been virtually unwatchable.

6. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

Perhaps you guys don't remember the first Superman movie, but Clark's dad dies at the beginning of the movie (and that was when Clark was in college, I think)! He isn't coming back.

And is it just me or was he flying in the Fortress of Solitude? When he flew Lana up to the top of the ice cliff. Hrmm.

7. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

Nah it was just a big jump, similar to what he did with the nuclear missile. The only time I think he's ever flown was when Kal-El possessed him to get a artefact off Lex's aeroplane.

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

So, the series "Lois and Clarke" was WRONG! :eeek:

Oooo.

Time for Lionel Luther to play stepfather...

edit: that would be entirely BS if Clarke couldnt fly :(

9. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

very dissapointed in smallville and the way its gone, the first few episodes were so promising and then they kept re-using the old meteor freak excuse for almost all of them.

The writers have lost all credibility in my opinion, the only thing carrying this program is Kristin Kruek simply because shes hot and the small shred of hope everyone has that one day she will findout clarks an alien and her reaction alone is whats keeping the people watching.

I have to admit i still watch it but im very very annoyed and not as interested as say something like Lost.

Seriously messed this promising program up :(

10. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

That was amazing...

Until the hell damn went back in time and redid all the things ive been screaming at screen for the past 4 years.

So now clarkes a nob with lana again, great, because THAT makes for good TV.

Ass writers tbh. LISTEN TO YOUR FANS. WE WANT LANA TO KNOW, AND CLARK TO FLY.

tards

11. ajiKaBooM!

ajiKaBooM! What's a Dremel?

I have to disagree with alot of the comments here. I believe season 5 is moving in a better direction compared to the previous series. The wonderful Kristin Kreuk said in an interview there was a shift in power at The WB, and it affected the overall show.

I'm happy that the show is getting more serious, but i found the whole vampire/Buffy Saunders episode tedious

I applaud James Master's (Spike from Buffy) performance. His character had depth and i felt there was good chemistry and rivalry onscreen between his professor charactor and Lex

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Season 2/3/4 was the same though. They show promise then totally screw it up. I find myself just watching because I want to see the ending.

13. ajiKaBooM!

A SCAM is being promoted over at Kryptonsite's forum i believe. A user has submitted a thread about a Smallville fans event in Coventry, UK with special stars attending.

I'm not convinced, considering the company is called Rogue Events and this event could indeed be a rogue event to fraud the fans of the show. Look at they guy's form of paying, look at the comments made on the forum (i won't post link for respect to bit-tech) and judging by a lack of professionality in his promotion im not convinced

I would have reg'd with krypton to state my views but i want feedback from bit-techers

14. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Damn this show is getting REALLY hard to get hold of atm :( Noone will give it to me.

I dont ever read Kryptonsite unless I really really need to know something about Smallville, I'd never ever attend an "event".

15. Chucjy

Chucjy What's a Dremel?

all films e.t.c are totaly seprate they dont acctauly have any relation or supposed to carry the story on ... thought the guys who do smallville and the new film director have supposdley agreed not to step on each others toes ... so there should be some nice little things there :)

anyone seen vengeance ? I thought what clark did at the end of the episode was kinda stupid considering he basically exposed himself ??? still I thought it was a pretty powerful episode just carry on the whole Kent family real powerful stuff in my eyes.

16. ajiKaBooM!

doesn't anyone else think rogue event is a scam?

17. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Where the director and the director of photography was for the first two minutes of episode 14 needs to be shot. Talk about
    "tame attempt at horror and failing miserably".

edit: ok the whole episode is tame :( again.

Last edited by a moderator: 12 Feb 2006
  18. ajiKaBooM!

hey don't spoil it bindi for those not seen it yet

19. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

It's not, it's as vauge as you can get! Ive censored it anyway :rolleyes:

20. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

the newest episode was ****.
    first, chloe is in the shower, and gets dressed before getting out. Secondly clark is a complete nob with LANA, AGAIN. Thirdly.. HOW the **** the farm is gonna go bankrupt when clark can run and do stuff faster than a ****ing bullet is beyond me. Fourthly, there all stupid, kill them all. Characters can be stupid this is true, but this is verging on a danger to society as a whole/ THERE ALL KNOBS.

Please. PLEASE. end it now, before you make bigger fools of yourself.