1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notebooks So my laptop does this:

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tigernos, 28 Apr 2012.

1. Tigernos

Tigernos Resident Roman Soldier

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB3ihuljW5M&feature=g-upl

Its an ASUS X5DC laptop, got it ages ago as a free gift with a mobile phone contract.

What I'm poking is the cable that runs past the hinge of which I've removed the hinge cover to get at it, does anyone know a way to fix this issue more permanently?

2. lava

lava Minimodder

If you remove the keyboard there should be a hole in the plate which will allow you to get at the montior connector which may have worked loose. If you pull out the cable by pulling back the plastic locking mechanism and then pulling the cable out and then reconnecting it again may sort the problem out.

(i'll have a look for an image of one so you can see it, better than my vague description ;) )

3. Tigernos

First question is, how do I remove the keyboard?

4. lava

lava Minimodder

It's two screws on the underside of the laptop in the center. I'm just having a look to see if there is access to the connector under the keyboard on that model.

Edit: It isn't under the keyboard you would have to get inside the laptop to that connector.

Last edited: 28 Apr 2012
  5. Tigernos

oh well, hopefully it wont bug out on my completely then, at the moment poking the cable works haha