1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Social media, what do you use?

Discussion in 'General' started by SuperHans123, 11 Feb 2024.

1. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Bit-Tech - only forum that peruse; used to frequent others, but slowly dropped off

FB - use to keep informed/intouch with family/post photos so that I get reminders of old photos
    Twitter/Instagram - accounts used for doomscrolling, no posting
    Flickr - account still active, but dont use

Discord - member of servers, but dont post in any but a small group setup during covid for TTS

Wahstapp - primary contact mechanism

2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Besides forums, nothing.

Stood in a queue today every other person was scrolling through Taylor Swift Instagrams.

I'm missing out on nothing.

LennyRhys, Yaka, Pete J and 2 others like this.
  3. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Bit is it for me, although the Indian guy masquerading as my mom on facebook is pretty active.
    I should probably fix the fact that there's only two contacts on my phone... I hardly use that thing either.

4. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Phone lots of random numbers, until you find somebody you like, then you'll have 3. :idea:

5. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

:lol:
    Mom,
    Sis,
    car warranty fraud guy

Mr_Mistoffelees and adidan like this.
  6. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Sorry, I'm too antisocial to want to join your club :hehe:

adidan likes this.
  7. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

I don't want skynet to find me :eeek:

8. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

I'm on Bit most days, regularly on Small Form Factor forums and Reddit for SFFPCs and Nikon cameras.

The LAN boys use Discord for voice Comms, but I rarely join in anything else I've subbed to.

No FB / X / Insta etc. I tried FB under an alias to see if I could, but they sussed me in the end.
    I'm studiously avoiding FB as my wife keeps telling me all the stuff I'm missing out on... 'If you were on FB you'd know X has happened or Y had done that'.
    More fun to have to ask what's going on:hehe:

WhatsApp is vital for keeping in touch on many levels, with a tangled web of groups.

9. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

• Bit Tech, which I don't count as social media because it was around before that term was coined and earned my ire.
    • Whatsapp to stay in contact with relatively close friends, and to post/receive funny/sick stuff from some wrong'uns.
    • Discord, to chat with my Star Citizen chums (though Star Citizen has become a secondary thing, we just like hanging out over teh Intertubes).
    Jacked in Facebook back in 2018 and have no regrets. Instatok and the like just do not interest me as it's mindless bullcrap.

LennyRhys and SuperHans123 like this.
  10. adamanatee

adamanatee What's a Dremel?

I still have Facebook, but at this point, I only have relatives and closest friends there. I follow a few cool pages, no posting, no commenting. Frequent on Reddit and now I'm here too.

11. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

How many accounts do I use? Very few.

How many accounts do I have? Quite a few, actually - not counting messaging services like WhatsApp:
    • Facebook, for s***posting and memes - I do also have a "page", from back when I was still making an effort to do streaming & yootoob, but I never post on it any more
    • Instagram, similar rationale as the facebook page and I use it just as often
    • Melon Husk's Nazi Hellscape, because back in the dim and distant past it was actually a good place to be - don't touch it now
    • Mastodon, actually opened it a few years before The Great Exodus From Melon Husk's Nazi Hellscape - barely even login these days
    • Reddit, because I'm in a few subreddits that are actually quite un-reddit-like, so I use this one relatively frequently
    • LinkedIn, which pretty much only gets looked at when I'm looking for a new job
    • Imgur, yes I'm counting this as social media, and without it I'd have nowhere to get my facebook material from

And of course, the grandpappy of them all, this forum account. Yes, forums count - forums counted as social media long before some Silicon Valley smegbrain even dribbled the idea of "social media" out of their foetid butthole.

12. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

facebook only for my local motorcycle group even then only access it in the summer months

forums for bikes/tech/audio/diy

my twitter account got hacked years ago changed passwords and since thendont use it much was a major ballache sorting out and who ever did it subbed to every single pr0nstar known to man.

irc/discord this is only to keep in touch with peeps i have known since air warrior/quakeworld/ultima online days

adidan likes this.
  13. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

I have Facebook but rarely venture onto it these days, same for Twitter; Discord was our main comms engine at the office and I don't use it outside of work. I have an active Youtube channel so naturally I spend a fair bit of time there, plus I often have a tab with music videos playing in the background.

I use Insta pretty much every day to catch up on the latest Taylor Swift videos pass the time on The John.

Pete J likes this.
  14. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Hacked you say :eyebrow:

No, I believe you. I really do. :lol:

LennyRhys, David and Byron C like this.