1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows [SOLVED] Fallout 3 GOTY Edition Problem

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Phalanx, 14 Sep 2010.

1. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

So I bought Fallout 3 GOTY Edition on Steam when it was in the sale. I hadn't got around to playing it until tonight, so I installed it, ran the program and it did the usual "First Time Install" stuff and tried to update .net framework 3.0 - It then said I had to enable it in Windows Features, so I did.

Then I ran the game, got into the menus, selected New, then Yes, then the game showed the loading screen and promptly crashed.

Has anyone else had this problem?

EDIT: Solution Here!

Last edited: 14 Sep 2010
  2. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

Sounds like you tried to load fallout :thumb:

I've never been able to get FO3 to run even 90% stable since I bought it about a year ago. If I remember what I read at the time, many of the crashes are caused by sound file issues.

3. Phalanx

Well I don't intend to give up. I paid for it, so I bloody want to be able to use it! Going to try a few things...

4. Phalanx

GOT YA, YA LITTLE BITCH!

Looks like Fallout 3 cries like a spoilt brat when you have a Xonar DX in your system with DS3D GX 2.0 enabled (small "GX" logo in bottom right).

Just untick GX, reboot the machine and it works perfectly.

5. Sexton

Sexton Minimodder

Yep its a bit unstable. Had mine since it was released and had 2 crashes so far, both random.