1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases Some help in decided which case to go for.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gameovais, 19 Aug 2010.

1. gameovais

gameovais What's a Dremel?

I have a budget of about £110 to £120, don't want to spend above that and in fact if I can stay well below I would be pleased. I am a student so don't have the luxury to spend nilly willy, money is very hard to come by. I have looked at some of the main cases in that price range, some of the ones I've seriously thought about are the:

1. Antec 902 - Well inside my budget, but will it keep my 2 Video card very cool? Plus it's not the best looking.

2. Antec 1200 - Just inside my limit, but isn't the most attractive to look at.

3. Antec Dark Fleet 85 - Well above the limit, but if it's that good, is it worth waiting another month until I can afford to buy it? Although a lot of people don't like the look, I think it looks really cool.

4. Coolermaster HAF 932 - Around £110 inc delivery and has positive reviews but the front doesn't look that attractive.

I have had a few sleepless nights as I've really grown bored of my NZXT Hush, so if anyone could give me a definitive answer as I quite decide yet.

2. Rat1sully

Rat1sully At Least Skt478 Never Broke

Antec 1200 would be my choice, it's fantastic, plenty of room, easy to cable neatly and with overclocks applied across the board my cpu rarely gets above 50 or my gpu, one of the best investments i've ever made

3. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Personally I would opt for either an NZXT Phantom or Silverstone RV02 in that price range, as I find them less offensive on the eyes than those you've listed while still providing good cooling.

4. roosauce

roosauce Looking for xmas projects??

If you're after a largish gaming case with good airflow then check out the xigmatek utgard. It is well regarded and great value.

EDIT: perhaps you won't like the aesthetic of the Xigmatec ... as you can see from my sig, I am shortly investing in a Lian Li PC-B25FW. That's a nice looking case, but over budget for you ... I'm not helping am I?!

Last edited: 20 Aug 2010