1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Some more excel help!

Discussion in 'Software' started by matt_lumley, 18 Sep 2013.

1. matt_lumley

matt_lumley You're only supposed to...

Hi Guys,

Just a quickie!

Got a huge excel spreadsheet with the following columns:

Forename
    Surname
    Telephone
    Email
    Site
    Year of study

It is filtered so I can see specific sites and their staff.

What I need is something to automatically find all clients from say the sugden centre and export it to a new tab/page/spreadsheet, same for the aquatics centre and then again for those who havent specified so I can send it to the relevant sites.

Can any one help?

Thanks in advance

Matt

2. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

vlookups / hlookups seem to be what you will want, then copy and paste the values into the spreadsheet you will send,

3. dynamis_dk

dynamis_dk Grr... Grumpy!!

Depending on how many different site your dealing with, if its just the 3 the vlookup might work well enough however its theres several I'm not sure if this will maybe work for you: http://en.kioskea.net/faq/7053-excel-macro-to-create-new-workbook-and-copy-data

As it stand you would just need to adjust the reference in the code to the column your sites are listed in.

It searches the document, selects the unique values (in site in your case) and create/saves a new spreadsheet for each site. I've tested it and it work well, just need to make sure you save the spreadsheet first as the macro saves the new spreadsheet files in the same location

If you want to give this macro a go, let me know if your struggle with it or anything - its been a while but vb was my thing in the day so I might be able to help. I've edited the code and make it easier to read/edit so can always provide it if it helps

Last edited: 18 Sep 2013
  4. dynamis_dk

dynamis_dk Grr... Grumpy!!

I like to have a play with excel so I had another play with this :)

Managed to fix up a few bits to make it easier to use so as long as the spreadsheet is formatted with your field titles along the top it should be able to spit the sites into separate tabs all within one workbook