1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows some sort of number generator or a way to do it

Discussion in 'Software' started by h4r7y, 26 Apr 2005.

1. h4r7y

h4r7y What's a Dremel?

basically i have an old mobile phone i need to find the security code for, its a code thats 5 digits long, and can obviously be made up from all numbered digits. ie, 0123456789.

how can i go about generating all the different combinations for the possible code?
    i understand itll take a while to get it right, but im up for it as i need to get the info.
    anyone know how i can go about working out all the possibilities

:sigh:

2. SHAKIRALOVER

SHAKIRALOVER What's a Dremel?

dude your looking at about 10's of thousands of posibilities

3. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

what phone is it?

4. ouija

ouija Trust me, I am doctor!

:eyebrow:..........

Ignoring the fact that it would be quite difficult to test every single combination (manually or automatically), generating the combinations is quite simple since you only have a choice of numeric values. It gets complicated when you have a case sensetive alphanumeric string to check.

Anyway, the simplest way to come up with every single combination is to use a loop, in any language you can get your hands on.

In pseudo-code, you're looking at something like:

Set value to zero
    While value is less than 99999; incriment by 1

It's extremely simple.

By the way, there are 100,000 combinations of a 5 digit number beginning with "00000". If you don't fancy entering every single value in manually, I suggest writing (or having someone write) a small application which will generate these values and find some way of sending it to the phone via a cable/IR/bluetooth. I have absolutely no idea if this is even possible, since the code will more than likely have to be entered via the keypad.

Good luck :p

[edit] I would personally try 00000, 11111, etc and 12345 before beginning :) Hope you have a spare 139 hours. Assuming it takes around 5 seconds to enter the code, that's how long it will take you to complete every combination. Better hope you get it right early on.

Oh and don't they automatically lock after three incorrect attempts? :naughty:

Tags: