1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Sonic Unleashed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 2 Dec 2008.

1. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

Sonic took the Princess's virginity and Mario didn't even know it. That's how pimp Sonic is and his games. Sonic fan as you can tell.

Last edited: 2 Dec 2008
  2. willyolio

willyolio What's a Dremel?

sonic turned super-saiyan! and by the full moon, he turns into a giant combat monkey!

we're only a few steps away from the FASTEST 1-week-long-charge-time SPIRIT BOMBBBBBBBB!

oh, and over 9000, etc.

3. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

QFT! I miss that.

Sonic CD was amazing.. If a 2.5D, HD Sonic game was released, I would be all over it.

A re-make, compilation of every game, in HD. Would be glorious.

4. Arkanrais

Arkanrais What's a Dremel?

I've been playing the old mega drive/genesis sonic games on my DS as of late and love them (and I love my R4 card and the many emulators I have found for old consoles).

can't say I'm surprised by this game. without even playing the shadow the hedgehog, I could tell it would be crap.
    +1 more for 2.5D sonic games.

5. Jetroll

Jetroll What's a Dremel?

(Looks at above comments)

Well, what can I say, everyone is entitled to their own opinions. But it sounds like most of you didn't even play this game to be honest.

I've played and beaten this game, and one of the things I have to say is that, You barely, and I repeat, You BARELY have to do any exploring in the "boring" hub worlds. I myself have only had to talk to at least ten people throughout the game.

I've had an absolute blast with this game. Sonic stages are absolutely fun. And the Werehog has some funny ways to finish off enemies. Most enemies in groups can be taken out fairly quickly if you wanna move on with one certain move. I reccomend upgrading his combat a lot for more moves, some of them are quite funny. One of the only things that I don't like are the QTE's that get you killed, instead of leading you to a different path.

Seems like people still find it hard to collect medals too, anyway, overall, this game is a step in the right direction, better than Sonic 06, Shadow, and heroes. It's just that they need to think of more innovative ideas, although I did like the werehog. Beating the living daylights out of those creatures are fun and humorous.

Also about Chip, he isn't something that insists on following you around, Sonic felt bad since he thinks he's the cause of his memory lost. Not only that, he's actually not some useless character that Sega threw in, he has personality, and he he does some humorous things. Not only that, I love the cartoony feel of this game, and Sonic is in character because of it. Sonic isn't and shouldn't be realistic.

One of the things Sonic Unleashed did right was give Sonic a cartoony and humorous feel. That's how Sonic is and should be, he's always been that silly blue guy we knew.

Anyway, that's it for now, I'm now exploring hubs only for fun and to do anything I missed. There's still a lot in this game to do in spare time.

See ya for now.

6. Jetroll

Jetroll What's a Dremel?

Also, Chip and Dark Gaia's roll are explained in the game bit-tech, seems like you didn't play enough to find that out.

7. hodgy100

hodgy100 Minimodder

Because sonic isn't all about speed.......

It's more about the awesome platforming and level design.

and imo I LIKE SONIC UNLEASHED yeah the night levels are crap but the daytime levels are BLOODY AWESOME :D

8. benjamyn

benjamyn What's a Dremel?

Woah... what's all this 2.5D all about? Screw that 2D all the way, that's when he was best.
    Sonic rush was okay but by no means great.

I've almost completed Sonic unleashed except for the last level (xbox 360) which is a bitch to do without lots of lives and knowing the level before hand.
    I found the werewolf levels tedious and unnecessary (why do sega keep insisting on breaking up the only good parts of their games with numerous crap sections?)

The daytime Sonic levels were alright and fun I guess but they've missed what was great about the old Sonic games, It wasn't all about going a thousand miles an hour, jumping every few minutes, holding down boost/right to do most of the level. Plus there's too many QTE's in the daytime events, if you're going to have sudden QTE's that the player can't know about without playing through they should only offer say a different route or a boost/reward and not kill the player if he doesn't get it right first time. That ice level is a pain just for the amount of stuff you have to jump over on the water because if you hit any of them you die instantly.

There was great level design which meant exploring and secrets. There was some fast bits but a lot of it was careful platforming sections, fighting enemies, collecting rings, looking for secrets, taking alternate routes etc.

Oh and I miss being able to use super sonic in all stages... now it's only the last stage :(

Tags: Add Tags