News Sony cancels PlayStation Room

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 16 Apr 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. do_it_anyway

do_it_anyway Minimodder

I tried Home on the playstation3 for about 3 minutes and decided it was pointless. I can see the thought behind it but can't see it becoming anything that I will use.
    The PSP is not a multiplayer console in anything like the way that the PS3 is, and having to be connected to the internet all the time, coupled with the huge amount of storage needed (on the PS3 at least) means I think the whole is pointless.

3. lacuna

lacuna Minimodder

Playstation Home would be far more entertaining if you could buy guns

4. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

I am glad I am not the only person who thought this.

Right after starting in the apartment I thought this would be a perect sniping point...... The engine seems quite good as well, its just a shame home is anything but.

5. ssj12

ssj12 Minimodder

there is a game in PlayStation Home called Sodium One that allows you to pilot a mech and destroy other mechs in vehicle combat. There has also been quite a few new spaces added with shooting games and other types of games. Home of the past was way worse then whats available now.

6. Eggy

Eggy Minimodder

PS Home is very successful for Sony, apparently there are plenty of people paying for crap to put on their avatars or in their apartments. It probably doesn't work that well on a mobile platform that is hacked beyond repair.

7. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Don't see the point of Home. I'd rather chat with people who share general interests/game's which I can do, by playing those games. Home seems to be for the socially inept who can't go out and speak to anybody at all.

8. Eggy

Eggy Minimodder

It has nothing to do with people being socially inept. Plenty of people put their entire lives online, Facebook friends, Twitter followers, etc. You can't tell me all these people are socially inept. It;s just another platform to interact on.

9. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

YAY!!!! I wish they canceled it on PS3 too.

and no, it's not being socially inept. it's called social retardation.

i cant stand some people at school sitting in the cafeteria at lunch playing with their stupid ipods talking about their wifi connection strength and each others facebook pages the whole time. :wallbash:

they are in the other class for my course luckily. now me and the guys from my guys dont sit with them anymore.

10. l3v1ck

l3v1ck Fueling the world, one oil well at a time.

Intel will still need to provide USB ports (although they could stick to USB2) for years if not decades. Do they expect me to replace my USB keyboard and mouse next time I build a PC? Because I won't. Hell, I still know plenty of people using PS2 connections for those.

11. Pieface

Pieface Modder

wut

12. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

Confused with LightPeak maybe?

Tags: Add Tags