1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sony PlayStation 4.5 rumoured for October release

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 29 Mar 2016.

1. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

I guess an upgraded Xbox is inevitable. Hopefully they'll use the same chip as the PS4.5 to rival it head to head as far as pure grunt goes.

2. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

it`ll be HDMI 1.4 as hdmi 2 wasn't finalised until after both consoles had launched.

although - technically both can output at 4k @30hz via hdmi 1.4 , neither currently do

3. forum_user

forum_user forum_title

This PS4K model really appeals to me.

I've been a life-long PC poster boy, with consoles as an added bonus rather than main machines (with the exception of SNES being a main machine, and home computers like Sinclair and Commodore).

But as of Xmas my PC has not been switched on. I received a PS4 after I used those puppy dog eyes with my missus and I had said it was a shame that some good friends were playing Battlefront and I wasn't. I now have 10 games including Division that I have struggled to stay from.

And the PC is very literally gathering dust.

I feel alienated by Windows 10. Windows 7 had left me feeling like I was using an OS full of exploitable holes, and slightly out of control. Windows 10 has left me feeling like I am now 10 times more out of control of the OS, and I have no time to be bothered with Microsoft these days to work it out and try to regain control.

So I now use iPad Pro for designing, and iPad Air for surfing and emailing, and the PS4 for gaming.

I will reinstall Windows 7 for the gazillionth time when my HTC Vive arrives. Until then Windows 10 can die of dust inhalation.

I've been waiting for an excuse to upgrade the TVs in the house to 4K and the PS4K is that excuse. Although I wont be buying the PSVR headset.

(Added) then again, I guess for DX12 I may well have to bend over to MS and put up with W10. :majorsadface:

Last edited: 30 Mar 2016
  4. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

As long as the next Disgaea runs on the vanilla PS4, I'm not hugely bothered. In all honesty, my PS4 has got the least use of any of my consoles, which is a shame, as I really like the controller.