1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Sounds familiar

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by batsman, 8 Jan 2002.

1. batsman

batsman the quiet one

Bit of a grumble really, just fed up of games ripping of the sounds from other games. Bought RTCW on Monday happy enough playing it then i accidentally walk into a chair, and the lovely sound effect they have put in is exactly the same as the one in kingpin, then i get the Thompson machine gun and behold its the same sound as the Tommy gun in kingpin. Just you think that the developers could just make those few changes that would actually add to the whole experience.

Another one I noticed is the machine guns in commandoes 2 oh sounds just like the pill box from red alert, I wouldn't mind if they used the sound from real guns like in rouge spear, but the developers shouldn't think that we can be pleased alone with spanking graphics.

Probably the best sounding game I played recently is AvP 1, cos its the sounds from the film, the sequel seams to have not bothered using the movie leisense to its full, yes the alien death sounds are good, but the smart gun sound nothing like the film, sort it out.

Basicaly developers sould be giving us better sound's (that they seem to have neglected) as well as the hardcore graphic's.

Last edited: 8 Jan 2002
  2. BannedMojo

BannedMojo Banned

Probably because the dev team don't record 'all' of the sounds in games - perhaps a Tommy Gun is a little hard to get hold of - They buy royalties to use sounds from companies who i'd imagnie have huge libraries of their own recorded sounds...

3. brianpodskalny

brianpodskalny ladies night!

yeah most of those sounds are from a soundboard that must be pretty common, cuz yes games do use many common sounds, but if you watch TV they use the same sounds. lower budget shows are or commercials are usually the culprits. i.e. worlds wildest police videos (they dub in "helicopter pilots" too!) and the outer limits. lots of commercials do it, esepecially with ones when a guy jumps off something and screams (i think i remember a mountain dew one that had the same death sound as a puter game, not sure). its damn annoying.

4. batsman

batsman the quiet one

I sort of see what you are saying, but i just think that game makers should just go that little bit extra to make us part with our money, especialy now with DVD's how many DVD games have you seen, and with the sapce they have to put sound bytes on those. I just expect a bit more for my money.

Tags: