1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Sourcing Copper Blocks??

Discussion in 'Modding' started by JazX101, 2 Nov 2005.

1. JazX101

JazX101 What's a Dremel?

Mornin girls and boys,
    Just a quick question so I can assess the feasibility of a project that is on my mind. I am thinking of a stacked CPU-Peltier-Water Block sandwich (mmmmm, sandwich) All bits custom machined out of copper. So am looking for solid block copper from 5-20mm thick, and 50-90mm square. Was wondering if anyone knew any suppliers, rough prices etc. Would be nice to be able to cost this as well as find if it is possible at all.
    Any Ideas / Feedback / Suggestions would be lovely
    Many thanks
    JazX101

2. Ener

Ener What's a Dremel?

ask your local hardware store or metal supply store, they should have a fair idea were to get copper
    if that fails google it

3. JazX101

JazX101 What's a Dremel?

I got really fed up of trying to find something vaguly resembleing a sensible answer from google. The reposirory of all knowlage is slowly going down hill. spent about 2 hours trying to find soemthign approaching sense, and gave up on grounds that anything you type in tells you to go to ebay, though i havnt tried it, i woulnt be surprised e-bay now sells a diverse range of male anatomy pickled in the divestive juices of the dodo! (well according to google at least) and i dont know anywhere local that would supply metal, well other than pipes and similar such as

4. Ener

Ener What's a Dremel?

try google search like copper suppliers, eh i gtg ill *school* lol umm in antother class i will look for something to help ya

5. Kobalt

Kobalt What's a Dremel?

I'm sure you could get what you need from a large electric equipement supply i saw copper bars at the one near my place 24 inches long half inch thick and 3 inches wide they were there on a shelf i didn't tought much of it then and there must've been diffrent size and shapes in the back
    Thet use it i guess for contacts on high output pannels or something .

6. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

yah the UK equivalent of the yellow pages would have you friendly local metal supply and they might carry bar stock copper. They'll probably ask you what grade oor what ever your looking for, and different grades vary wildly in price. I would go for the cheapest or whatever is easy to machine.
    ebay is an option from time to time
    http://business.listings.ebay.com/M...QfromZR11QQsacatZ58258QQsocmdZListingItemList
    and google pulled up some decent answer with the search phrase "copper bar stock"

7. Moriquendi

Moriquendi Bit Tech Biker

8. JazX101

JazX101 What's a Dremel?

Sweet, thanks, will keep looking, lemme know if you find anythign else interesting. JazX101

9. ClearCaseMan

ClearCaseMan Acrylic GOD

10. JazX101

JazX101 What's a Dremel?

ok, that website is far to cool! seriously dude! weldone and thanks!

11. roll1

roll1 What's a Dremel?

To give you a rough idea of the cost a copper bar 50x12x300mm is about £25 without postage.Ask at a local blacksmith or metal supplier or ask at a scrapyard,they usually have non ferrous metal locked away in a shed as i've seen brass and copper that looked brand new.