1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Splinter Cell Blacklist

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by happyhammer7, 24 Aug 2013.

1. droyden

droyden What's a Dremel?

I can't remember, its the first one rather than the second one. I'll check tonight when I get home - didnt play it last night, had to build a wardrobe :(

2. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

One very annoying thing about this game - no support for 21:9 monitors. every other game manages it.

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

That's a damn shame! Would be absolutely perfect to see more environment

4. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

It certainly would! the game can detect the resolution but doesn't have the appropriate aspect ration, it only offers 16:9 & 16:10.

I contacted Ubi's support and after 72 hours got a message saying 'Unfortunately we are unable to help you resolve this issue' :wallbash:

I might have to go digging in the .ini files tomorrow...

5. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

I take it a lot of you guys are playing the multiplayer then? Never really occurs to me to try MP in Splinter Cell games! Not sure why, just buy them more for the campaign. Plus the CO-OP in Conviction was a bit broken.

6. droyden

droyden What's a Dremel?

BTW I'm using the SR-25 (cheapest but more powerful sniper rifle). I'm using it with A/P rounds.

So I've been playing a bit more and I've found the side missions where you pickup some intel and need to fend off some "waves" of bad guys a good tip is to use the crossbow with sleeping gas and the shocker mines. You can sometimes take out 3-4 guys at once - including armor. The HVT you also just knock out, take out all the other guys and then quickly bag and tag.

Story mode the mines have limited impact on the shield / heavy armor guys, I tend to try to avoid, or use the pistol as its a faster reload than the sniper (and less recoil). Also another tip - I've upgraded my Googles to colour sonar which is really useful, it also shows routes to use (ie, drain pipes). Not sure if this is common knowledge..

7. droyden

droyden What's a Dremel?

Welp, completed it late last week, generally nice game and a good stop gap before bf4.