1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Spore goes gold

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 15 Aug 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

excellent display of interactive marketing for the whole game i say. release a large chunk of the game free, then release chunks of the early code for people to see what lies ahead in the final version.

3. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

Euro release before US hey, Makes up for the US getting GTA IV sooner, but why in the year 2008 can we not have a worldwide release day?

4. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Because the US and UK don't release games on the same day, most games are released on a Friday in the UK, and most are released on a Wednesday I believe in the US. Although that doesn't really explain why we're getting it sooner, usually we get it a day or two later (if it's a worldwide release).

5. Timmy_the_tortoise

Timmy_the_tortoise International Man of Awesome

Have I misunderstood here? Or are the Nebulae in Spore fully simulated?

6. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

You answer, then rewrite my question and ask it again lol :p

Also guy who was finding out about why people pirate things and changing the way he made and released his games ^ this is one of the answers, I would find a few hours difference Jap (although language is different) /Aus/NZ release before, then euro then US fine. I don't want to get the same product days later than a person in another country.

7. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

Never really understood why staggered releases cause so much fuss. People wait years for a release then get shirty when they have to wait a few days later than someone else to get their paws on it.:rolleyes:
    In anycase Spore looks like a top notch game so will be eagerly awaiting the Bit-Tech review.:rock:

8. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

It's only a few days, it used to be a lot worse.

Example: Fable

A game made in the UK, gets released in the US then we had to wait months for it to be released in Europe. Believe me, it's way better now than it used to be.

9. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Looks like they'll at least be simulations of the more intensive (in terms of processing power at least) CA simulations. Either that, or they'll have gone whole-hog and given us properly simulated bits as per your link of the prototype. :)

10. Skepsis

Skepsis What's a Dremel?

Great! I can't wait to make my army of penis monsters and send them to battle.

11. p3ri0d

p3ri0d What's a Dremel?

I guess that should lower the piracy.
    Why?
    Most people that download illegal copies of games is because they want to know what they're going to find before getting the actual thing.
    THat's why you find a lower level of piracy on games which offers demo's and/or stuff like Spore ;)

12. ParaHelix.org

ParaHelix.org What's a Dremel?

Cold blooded murder of the English cum.

Tags: Add Tags