1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Spore

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 5 Sep 2008.

1. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

which driver are you using now?

2. Major

Major Guest

It's from http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/

All drivers work with most cards, you just have to update the INF file as Nvidia block the drivers for their own cards, how silly. Been using some crappy driver on this Vaio for a long time, I should have access to the modified driver on Sony's website. Many people are having the jamming problem with the GO cards on laptops, EA should send them to that website.

Anyway, it's driver 177.92, it's the "best" one apparently, works here flawlessly, I will even run Crysis to see how it performs again.

3. Toka

Toka Minimodder

Its just a little hardbacked book with loads of the development artist sketches and storyboards for each of the stages in.

To be honest, its probably better than the game.

4. BurningFeetMan

BurningFeetMan What's a Dremel?

I rate Spore about a 4/10. So far I have not been impressed with anything I've seen in the gameplay, presentation, graphics and sound. This is a repetitive time waster game, and an expensive one at that. Needless to say that this is the last game that I will be purchasing from Maxis & EA. Very unimpressed.

Pros: You can customize the decals, from your creatures to their dwellings and vehicles. Cute, fun & cool.

Cons: The game play in ALL stages is limited, repetitive, unoriginal and boring.
    The world graphics look extremely dated and ugly.

I would advise to pick this game up cheap 2nd hand, but EA have limited each copy to 3 installs via DRM, thus destroying the 2nd hand market for this title. Your best bet would be to play Spore at a mates place for a couple of hours. Spore is definitely one of the most disappointing games I've ever played in my gaming history of over 2 decades.

Tags: Add Tags