1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals SSD purchase

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by G0UDG, 21 Sep 2011.

1. G0UDG

G0UDG helping others costs nothing

Hi all Im going to buy an SSD next week,what I have in mind are either 2x crucial M4 128gig in raid config or 1 x crucial m4 256gig I need advice as to which would be better

2. Yeoo

Yeoo Minimodder

If the Read/Write speeds are roughly the same between the 2 drives (i believe they are) then 2x 128 in a RAID would give you double the read write speeds..

3. rv88uk

rv88uk What's a Dremel?

I don't think you can use TRIM when using RAID, which may degrade performance in the long run. I've just picked up a 256GB M4 and it's an excellent drive, loads apps/games in seconds (of course most SSDs will do that I guess).

4. G0UDG

G0UDG helping others costs nothing

Ah roger that RV Ill bear that in mind tnx m8y
    btw how are you finding the black widow keyboard Im thinking of getting that one to replace my tarantula

5. rv88uk

rv88uk What's a Dremel?

It's a great keyboard, I love the mechanical keys (the only reason why I bought it to be honest) but they are a little loud. It feels solid and I think it looks great. The only thing I don't like is the macro keys, they're fine for a single action (i.e. open a program/keystroke commands) but on-the-fly recording includes timing, I'd prefer to just record button presses.

6. Xcellente

Xcellente What's a Dremel?

2x 128GB would be better i think