1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

St. Andrews Day [ Lots of Picceys **56K**]

Discussion in 'General' started by Guest-23315, 18 Nov 2006.

1. ch424

ch424 Design Warrior

will., you'd hope that'd be true, but in my experience alot of people at public school and their parents are bigotted and aloof, and I really think that many people aren't taking full advantage of their lucky position at a fantastic school: I mean, there's a guy in my year who barely passed the exams to get into the school, but he's now got a music scholarship, 8 A*s and 2 As at GCSE, and is applying for achitecture at cambridge - he's clearly driven and making full use of his time here. However, there are some people drifing through on 3 A levels and not really working very hard, and I think it's unfair.. StPaul's in London (are claiming that they) are about to start offering bursaries to anybody clever/driven enough, if they don't have the funds. Is that not a better system?

I'm not trying to be inflamitory; what do people think on this?

ch424

Last edited: 4 Dec 2006
  2. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Totally agree.
    I went to a private school, albeit not a very good one. It was full of total idiots with far too much money. They scraped through their exams, as did I, but now, they live of mummy and daddy's money happy in the assumption that when their dear parents die or retire they inherit the fortune. I'd happily say though that i have a far more fulfilling life and they are the ones missing out.

3. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I on't scrape through exams, but i must agree that somepeople here do...

Id prefer to make my own money and live off that, than being in my parents pocket.