1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Stage 2 - Complete

Discussion in 'Modding' started by M_D_K, 11 Aug 2003.

1. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Have a question for you moderators and bit techers

example once again Eddie_dane, Linear, Macroman etc...

Would it be ok for Kong to make me some 80mm fan grills using the bit-tech logo?

Thanks

2. :Galokin:

:Galokin: Guest

ok peeps sorry for the delay, had some ftp trouble.
    Here is a close up of the paintwork to try n explain the paintwork and its texture...enjoy.

[​IMG]

3. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

i think that's called hammer effect paint... looks nice.. :)

4. ndtinker

ndtinker Car Washoholic

A friend of mine used that paint on his guitar - looked awesome, until he put some clear coat on it, then buggered it up. I think it would have been fine if he waited for the hammer finish stuff to dry first but he was in a rush (which I told him not to do) and went on with it anyway. He said the "crackle" finish sorta started bubbling and disintegrated.. :(

But yours looks great!

5. MarcelloRupelli

MarcelloRupelli What's a Dremel?

Yeah, painting over paint like that is almost always a problem. Unless it's powder coated, which I think this case is? MDK? I think Plasti Kote sells the 'hammered effect' paint which, I believe, gets the textured finish by intentionally 'fish-eying' itself. Basically causes part of the paint to fish eye so you get the multi-color bumpy texture. Anything you put over that is also likely to fish eye.

6. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

^^^
    yeah i think your right :D

anywho the case don't look like that anymore :D its been watered :p nearly finished i'll put up a quick project log soon see wha tyou guys think having problems at the moment so it wont be for another week

/kicks psu :grr:

Thanks

7. Astrum

Astrum Dare to dream.

Put your watch back on, your blinding the regulars. :D

Oh... Constructive critisizm? Looks great. The texture looks... Weird, but I suppose I can adapt :lol: .