1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Star Trek Online - 1 Year Anniversary

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Silver51, 2 Feb 2011.

1. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

Just a reminder for anyone's who's played the game but has been away for a while, it's STO's 1 year anniversary today.

Today's 1.3Gb patch brings a few fixes, game play changes, UI updates, the first of the remastered episodes (Stranded In Space - SS Azura,) an updated ESD (now Starbase 1) and an old friend who's turned up for the celebrations. He's hanging around in Club 47 on SB1.

If you have been away, you might also want to look at the Season 3 release notes. Basically, they made a start on the crafting overhaul, ship sets (Borg and Aegis) have been added, added episode replay (from a console in your ready room,) and sector space got a revamp (it now looks like space.)

Also, another reminder that the third set of featured episodes start this weekend which kicks off a Romulan story arc.

Soo, yeah.

TBH, I knew about the ESD interior update but had a little nerdgasm when I logged in and saw the giant mushroom for the first time. :lol:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. kosch

kosch Trango in the Mango

I actually bought a life time subscription when it launched! Its a good game to dip in and out of. I'm very much looking forward to the player driven content especially the space battles. Ground combat just feels wrong in this game though.

They have made some definate improvements since launch and there lots yet to come. I dont think its going to steal any thunder from WoW but if you like flying ships and yelling fire torpedoes then its great imo!

Last edited: 2 Feb 2011
  3. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

They've included three player created maps from the Tribble Test server, available from the contact Starfleet button next to the mini map, but didn't get to try them before they took the servers down for some emergency maintenance.

Apparently Season 4 will see a complete ground combat overhaul with added third person aim mode, but it's going to be a few months yet.

4. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

Might give the trial a go, I was in the beta, and it was a long way from completion (I saw a grand total of about 3 different ships, klingons didn't even get a tutorial) be interesting to see how much has improved/changed

EDIT: Damn it's downloading slow.

5. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

Yeah, the patch servers were being hammered after the extended maintenance and patch release. It's not usually that bad, but everyone was trying to update and get on at the same time. :/

Anyway, info:

Daniel Stahl's anniversary message on startrek.com:
    http://startrek.com/article/star-trek-online-celebrates-one-year-anniversary

More info on the featured Foundry missions which went live yesterday:
    http://www.startrekonline.com/foundry_spotlight

Huge-arse ship charts for Federation and Klingon players available here:
    http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=172816

Tags: