1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films Star Trek [Spoiler tags required!]

Discussion in 'General' started by Fod, 28 Apr 2009.

1. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

I just got back from a preview screening of Star Trek. In a word: ZOMGSPLODGASM. Abrams is awesome. Best sci-fi action movie I've seen in a good while.

Watch at the earliest opportunity, otherwise you're out of your Vulcan' mind.

anybody notice the slusho mention early on? possible cloverfield sequel hint?

Last edited: 29 Apr 2009
  2. BradShort

BradShort Familyman - Forever gamer

Yeh been getting some very good reviews. Can't wait. Is Kirk a bit of a dick tho?

3. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

I've just seen the ad on TV at halftime, never like Star Trek one bit in the past, but I like the look of this.

Is it anykind of follow on or is it a kind of new breed one like the recent Superman (s?) Batman's?

4. Gooey_GUI

Gooey_GUI Wanted: Red Shirts

It'll never be the same without Scotty.

R.I.P.

5. AndyDEL

AndyDEL What's a Dremel?

I didn't think much of the person who they hired to play Kirk, then i realized he played the hill billy who survived in smoking aces (Best character in the movie).. Also he was very good in Bottle Shock, a movie about french vs californian wine tasting.

So i'm now dead chuffed and soooo looking forward to watching this.

6. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

from what I've heard.. kirk tries to steal spocks girl and spock pinched his neck and got a green and blue chick (by pinching necks and vulcan mind melds)

it's going to be out of control.. and I heard they wouldn't let shatner on the set after that botched game show he made while back.. they said he's washed up

7. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

I'm going to the Bradford IMAX at tomorrows midnight screening. Can't wait.

8. Fod

He's pretty much spot on; cocky but level headed. Spock was a little bit too much like sylar, but that's OK because they're both cold calculating characters to begin with, so it's understandable that Zachary drew from his experience playing Sylar when building the Spock persona.

Also: Simon Pegg as Scotty - genius! I saw a lot of David Tennant in him though, and couldn't help but wonder what could have been.

Last edited: 29 Apr 2009
  9. LAGMonkey

LAGMonkey Group 7 error

Im going to the nearest cinema tomorrow and demanding a ticket for the first showing (i hear that its on the 7th) as ive tried so many times to get tickets but no one has been willing to give them to me.

That and i have to fly back to work on the 8th so i need to find an earlier showing!!

EDIT:: AAAh i love my woman... shes a good girl :p she got me tickets and im very happy :D

10. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Am I the only one interested in the ship? or the copious amounts of lens flare used?

Must watch asap.

11. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

It's Kirk - of course he's a dick.

12. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

13. Fod

It's sort of the best of both worlds. There's a lot there for die-hard fans, but since it goes back to the beginning of the mythology, it remains accessible to a newcomer. I'm not the most avid star trek follower - occasional voyager and TNG eps are pretty much it, oh and i played the elite force games - so i kind of knew roughly about the universe beforehand.

be careful what you wish for ;)

Last edited: 30 Apr 2009
  14. Fod

15. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Just seen it, very , very good - bordering on excellent.

Yes, Kirk is a bit of a dick in it, but he always was. He's pretty much a walking hard on, either for women (of all races) or starships.

The only people who I reckon might have a problem with this version of the Trek universe are the die hard Trekkies (Trekkers or whatever they call temselves) as they might take issue with certain events that take place.

16. LAGMonkey

LAGMonkey Group 7 error

im seeing it tonight! :D :D :D i cant wait for it although it does mean that i have to go to work tomorrow.

17. Hugo

Hugo Ex-TrustedReviews Staff

They should have called it "Star Trek: Meh" if you ask me. It was enjoyable, but not memorable and the plot was (unsurprisingly) weak.

18. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Oh, forgot to mention, Sulu's sword was reeeally cool!

19. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Just seen this, its very good. I think the eye bleeding visuals will seal it for the casual watchers. Either way I look forward to the next one.

20. C0nKer

C0nKer What's a Dremel?

There is Scotty

I haven't watched any new movies since, Madagascar 2 back in November. And yesterday I managed to find time to go to the cinema and ended the curse in the best way possible. Star Trek is, simply, AWESOME.