1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 4 Oct 2008.

1. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

haha, well played :clap:

on the iPhone, it's just gestures. using 2 figure gestures to change force power, 1 fingure to use that force power.

2. Bluephoenix

Bluephoenix Spoon? What spoon?

well, there is one reason to forgive the games innumerable sins, but since it contains spoilers I'll just provide the link: How-to-play-Force-Unleashed

3. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

I still find it incredibly frustrating that when a boss starts a combo on you, your character just stands there dumbly taking the abuse until the combo is over.

That or if you get knocked down, and you're mashing the A button to get up, and you get hit by force push or another knock down, you fall right back down, still mashing the A button furiously, only to be knocked down again just as your character decides to pick himself up.

Or the Vader bit, at the end, get knocked down by push, mash A to get up, just as you get up, he Force Grips you, so you mash the B button, but it still throws you sideways and knocks you down, mash A, he fires Force Push and you get knocked down again, mash A, Force Grip, masg B, get knocked down, rinse, repeat, until you die and throw the controller through the TV.

Maybe it's just my game..

4. Leitchy

Leitchy Minimodder

Jedi Academy still rules the *vrghhh hummmmm* Lightsaber World *swish nurrm*

5. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

The game may be a bit meh, but the review put me in the mood to finally install Kotor, so thats another weekend you guys owe me since this one evaporated in a force esque haze.

6. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Funny. I recently dropped KOTOR to pick up Mass Effect instead. Funny how Bioware has just remade the same game three times in a row essentially.

7. Kúsař

Kúsař regular bit-tech reader

Yeah, that was a good one. It reminds me - at a certain point you could decide whether you'll follow path of dark/light. It would fit this game perfectly, I think(or perhaps not - I know very little about story)

8. SlickGnome

SlickGnome What's a Dremel?

Academy and Outcast are still awsome. But as for this one, I don't plan on buying it. Might rent it for 360,or borrow it for WII from my Sis-In-Law.

Had to chuckle at the HL2 Physics reference. Still my favorite game. Ravenholme still creeps me out.

9. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

Yeah, I love how you can hit a home-run with a lightsaber. :eyebrow: Fail. Utter fail.

10. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

It should be pointed out that the Wii and the 360/PS3 games are quite different. This video shows them fairly well, and as a bonus, includes some of the Benny Hill theme to liven up the star destroyer bit on the 360.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ubyyKiyDmnc

11. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

Regarding the Vader fight, I'm at the same point on the 360 and have had to give it a break as otherwise the controller would have been in fragments after being repeatedly pounded with a hammer. However, the block button can occasionally come in handy for everyone else (well, maybe not a Star Destroyer but it would definitely be cool to try!)

I have to admit that there's a certain amount of fun to be had in trying to see how many combo bonuses you can stack up. Force grip + lightning + force push into a mob nets you cannonball, lightning grenade, crush, destruction and frenzy bonuses if you hit enough of them and take out some of the scenery too. I've not had as much fun being evil since Overlord was released :naughty:

One thing the review didn't mention but that had me hooked from the word go was yes, you can throw wookies and yes, you can smash trees but the two can be combined - smash trees WITH wookies. Force grip and force push combination blasts the wookie directly through the tree with some lovely explodey effects and flailing limbs :D

12. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

I broke my A button yesterday, have to get a new controller today :(
    I'm still at the Vader fight, becoming incredibly frustrating (third play through the game)

I preferred going after the emperor (did it first time around). Was so much easier, just hide behind the panels when he throws stuff at you, and when he fires his electricity, hit Block, and you'll take some damage, but his bolt gets deflected back at him and you drain quite a bit of life from him and into your health pool.

Tags: Add Tags