1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Starter Kit?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ug_the_caveman, 3 Apr 2002.

1. ug_the_caveman

ug_the_caveman What's a Dremel?

There wouldnt be a decent starter kit currently on the market would there? Im only after a few things to be cooled so i dont want much. And a kit would make things a lot easier. Any thoughts?

Cheers
    Ug :)

2. [GiB] Spawny

[GiB] Spawny Xqpack Lovin

Well kits are rare especially in the UK. I think CCM (Cool Case Mods) do the swiftech one.

Note:

Kits tend to be designed in ridged layout and will not suit some case layouts. So people tend to mix and match. This can mean more hassle for you but you will end up with something that can grow and change as you see fit or when you confident enough to try something new.

3. ug_the_caveman

ug_the_caveman What's a Dremel?

4. [GiB] Spawny

Looks like the kit has gone from the site :cries:

Sorry it was there a couple of weeks ago?

You may have to venture across the water, Overclockershideout springs to mind.

5. *mat-ster*

*mat-ster* What's a Dremel?

6. TiTch

TiTch h2o cooled

That is the only UK site selling kits that I have seen as well (well spotted Mat-ster) I would not go for the senfu as it has not reveiwed will, as to the innova read http://www.dwpg.com/content.php?contid=13&artid=96.
    I however would always recommend getting your bits and building yourself if you can.

7. [GiB] Spawny

Pick an mix :D

Get you shopping list and one of us will tick them off.

More hassle, small price to pay for the best cooling method.

8. *mat-ster*

9. Haddy

Haddy World Domination

try www.dangerden.com, they ship internationaly, the kit wont weight that much so it shouldnt cost alot....good luck

10. Morphine

Morphine weeee!

ok how bout this im looking to water cool a 14" cube case. Made a plexi with black tint on the inside and i want to tubes to glow. I want to cool an AMD XP 2100+ and a GeForce 4 Ti 4600 What do i need. I live in the US. Im a total newb to water cooling.

11. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

Maplin will be stocking a watercooling kit soon... £80 I think will be the price. I'll get the code next time I'm at work.

12. [GiB] Spawny

I should imagine there will be some interest at that sort of price. I hope it has been reviewed?

Keep us posted :D

13. Lord_Vheox

Lord_Vheox What's a Dremel?

I bought the one from Dtek and i am really satisfied. i am currently working on getting a new waterblock.

14. Haddy

Haddy World Domination

yea dtek is awesome, and their lil kit case is pretty good....dont think they ship internationaly though

15. Lord_Vheox

Lord_Vheox What's a Dremel?

my bad.. forgot about that

16. Morphine

Morphine weeee!

as maplins has yet to grace the US with their presence what can I do? I live in Illinois. I'm really iffy bout water cooling just as long as it dont cost too much. How much would starter kit cost. Or what do i do if I want to cool a CPU and a graphics card? No resevoir if possible as my acrylic cube aint big enough. I want flexible tubing and UV reactive dye. Should i go to petsmart and get some tubing for aquarium and order the pump, rad, and waterblock(s) online. Any tips? Any good suppliers in the US? The whole kit is gonna be on display so i want it to look nice. are the water blocks with plexi tops too much $$ ? I'm 15 so money is very tight with me. So any tips on stuff that works good for the cost. Itts mainly a gaming box and LAN box (thats why dont realy want resevoir) and it will be left on almost all the time. Need it to stay fairly cool. Please help me cuz im bowing down to all you cool people (hehe i made a pun!)

17. Haddy

Haddy World Domination

a setup to cool ur cpu and gpu (vid card) will probably run anywhere from like 150-250 dollars....all u need is a radiator, pump, cpu block, gpu block, some tubing, and some distilled water, and some water wetter if u want....go check out www.dtekcustoms.com and www.dangerden.com theyll have eveyrhitngn u need

18. *mat-ster*

19. scopEDog

scopEDog Minimodder

Tags: