1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Steam Beta Error

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by PBear23, 23 Apr 2010.

1. PBear23

PBear23 What's a Dremel?

Hi Guys,

Installed the new Steam UI a couple of days ago, and it was working great, completed MW2 again.

However when I start it up today i get an error that it cannot connect to steam network, try again later. THis has happened all day so far, so I can't use steam.

Is anyone else having problems?? or no a solution???

2. curck

curck What's a Dremel?

Same problem here.

Tried with removing 'Clientregistry.blob' but that didn't work either.

3. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

same here i truely hope this does not continue all night

edit

i have been a supporter of steam for some time now this is the first time it has crapped out on me but i really want to play global agenda after a hard week at work

4. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

found a fix just run steam from command line with -clearbeta added on

5. maximus09

maximus09 Forever n00b

I had a problem with the official release version of the update. After the update and restart it said "Fatal Error: Program can't load modules" or something to that effect.

You can check on steam forum for solution. It involves renaming the steamapps folder, restarting steam which will create another one, copying a file across to the old one, delete the newly generated steamapps folder and rename the old one back to steamapps.

There is another solution to delete a DLL files and restart steam to download it again.