1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SteelSeries gaming kit

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 12 Sep 2006.

1. Emon

Emon New Member

Something like a half-fingered, lycra (spandex) glove for biking might work really well. A lot of them have suede palms, but it can't be hard to find one made of all lycra. It would slide damn well I think.

2. sl1xx

sl1xx New Member

glove wtf thats ott and the keyboard looks box standard but the map/mouse and headphones looked well worth getting ty for review

3. yahooadam

yahooadam <span style="color:#f00;font-weight:bold">Ultra cs

I have to ask

with all the negative comments about everything

Headphones didn't sound too good, extra keys on keyboard were pointless, glove sucked, mouse cord holder was pointless

How on earth did it get a recommended sticker, perhaps you should re-evaluate how you judge what gets these stickers, because you had so much negative to say about it, i don't understand how recommended sticker is placed on this

No offence guys, but everything you review seems to get a positive sticker ....

Other then that, the mouse mat looks cool :)

4. Tim S

Tim S OG

The recommended sticker is for the extra large cloth mousemat. It has it underneath.

5. yahooadam

yahooadam <span style="color:#f00;font-weight:bold">Ultra cs

:duh: missed that one :( silly me

6. LockmanX

LockmanX New Member

I remember testing the older version of those headphones a few months ago. My biggest complaint was how painful they were to wear even after just 15 minutes. It's nice to see that addressed. Another thing I'd like to note is that little USB sound card they make. Its horrible. In battlefield 2, I was getting killed and having people on teamspeak yell things like "How did you not hear that guy shooting at us?!?!" I also track enemies in chopper/plane dofights by sound and was completely unable to od so. Music and movies on it was hopeless.

Steel Series isn't all bad though. I won one of the S&S hard pads at a LAN about a year ago and now I can't play on anything else. I even convinced my boss to outfit the office and stations at the store with them ('course it helps that he's a gamer himself). Funny thing is, we occasionally have people come in and want to use thier own pads. More often than not they slap down a Qck Heavy

7. speedfreek

speedfreek New Member

The only thing that I found to be anything special was the mousepad. Even then I probably wouldnt spend any money on one, my piece of cardboard still works great. :D The keyboard looks too much like my $10 cheapy and the headphones seem too bulky and expensive.

8. Nature

Nature Member

Cheese!!!

9. neocyprinus

neocyprinus New Member

Mousepad? What's the use of a mousemat with todays laser guided mouses? The surface of the desk is all I need. Now that's a large mousepad!

10. whisperwolf

whisperwolf New Member

Well My MX1000 goes nuts if i use it on the shiney white smooth desk surface I have, so a mousemat is required.

11. Hamish

Hamish New Member

giant cloth mats are great
    i have an everglide titan and it rocks :cool:

12. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

Ditto except I have a Razor Mantis Control pad...

13. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Active Member

A gaming glove! WTF!! HAHAHA :hehe:

You must have to be pretty desparate to buy one in an attempt to improve your gaming skill. Im sorry but if I caught somone wearing one of those with a serious intent on using it then I would have to laugh at them :D

Yer true, my MX518 is fine on my desk but a lot better on my Icemat and the mat stays a lot cleaner than my desk :p

14. gebrek

gebrek New Member

Hmm, I've worn many golves in my time, and that contraption seems awful. I can see where gloves would be useful, but I would rather use my biker's gloves. Padded, gripped, and with terry cloth on the backside to wipe your forehead...

And that keyboard! Oh, it's so beautiful! But the price tag... It makes me sad.

Tags: Add Tags