1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Stick of truth

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by AlienwareAndy, 4 Feb 2014.

1. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

Ah now see you are in the USA, where it's a given that a PC game should sell for the same price as the console version even though there's a $15+ licensing fee on the console one.

I never quite understood why it was that a PC game could cost so much out in the states. For nearly a decade it truly had me puzzled, then I just realised that the USA is made up of greedy fat ****s at the top of corporations.

I mean here in the UK we love to roll over and take one up the bum. We really do, however, we're nowhere near as bad as the USA for putting up with extortion.

I have a very, very close friend left over from my time in the USA. One of the my grandfather quote friends*. To stop him getting raped I often buy him titles at launch if I have the cash.

* I remember reading a quote in one of my books. IIRC it was written originally by Milton Berle.

Any way, it was something like... My grandfather once told me that if, by the time I died, I had two real friends then I would be a rich man.

It was probably something different, but, much to the same principle. IE - real friends are practically impossible to find. This guy out in the USA has been like family to me. Sorry for digressing, bad habit of mine :D

It does work both ways. If a title is in the sale on Steam out there in the USA it usually works out cheaper in £ than buying it here. Another flaw in the Steam machine. So I just send him $ through Paypal and rub my hands together like Mr Burns lmao.

2. sharpethunder

sharpethunder Minimodder

well I pre order this game on amazon for £20.00 so I win for cheapness

3. AlienwareAndy

Well it's out if you know where to look. Reviews are good too. Eurogamer gave it an 8 which is good enough for me.

My mate is already playing, I'm grabbing it now :)

4. AlienwareAndy

5. TrevDX

TrevDX Ah Who Cares Anyway???

I feel that based on reviews that this may be worth waiting for and then hoping it will be good in a few months once Obsidian has a chance to get the necessary patches out or modders have done the work for them.

Don't know whether to keep the pre-order from Amazon or to wait until summer :/

6. AlienwareAndy

I'm keeping mine. He's talking about the Xbox version. My mate is playing the PC version, no complaints so far.

Mine was a Valentine's gift from my lady any way :)

Both Eurogamer and Edge have given it an 8, and by looking at a gameplay clip (the bedroom scene) I would be robbing myself of a ****ing good laugh. Which after my recent run of bad luck with PCs I could really do with right now.

7. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

8. AlienwareAndy

I watched Eurogamer's gameplay video and I was in creases. Absolute creases.. Dodging a pair of balls on a courting couple lmao.

They did make mention that the European version was censored though which worries me. Not that it matters, just copying it across to my memory stick now so I'll get stuck into the USA version then compare the two when my order arrives :D

9. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Having seen a few Let's plays online I am going to pick this up. Maybe after Titanfall, does look entertaining and good for laughs.

The Mothership

10. MODZERO

MODZERO Minimodder

Nice to see this title finally came out, almost bought it today (CJS) rock a little south korean VPN action and got stuck in.... but thought better of it and I'll wait till the weekend. Looking forward to giving it a crack.

J.

11. AlienwareAndy

It's really good. Like really, really good.

12. MODZERO

MODZERO Minimodder

urgghhh, I'm gonna have to buy it now then.. :p

Reeet, what to do, it's £28.99 on CJS which is fine but anyone know how to get the uncensored version in the UK?

Plus, no VPN date cheating unless you ordered direct from Steam as the keys don't roll out until release day.

J.

Last edited: 5 Mar 2014
  13. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

fun game but iffy tutorials and control scheme mean you have to grit your teeth to get going.

14. Thedarkrage

Thedarkrage Thats not a pic of me its my gf

I'm so shocked but I'm really enjoying this! best old school RPG in ages

15. TrevDX

TrevDX Ah Who Cares Anyway???

The censored version is consoles only.

Source

16. MODZERO

MODZERO Minimodder

Score one for the PC master race..

J.

17. AlienwareAndy

Yeah I really like it. I never got into this type of RPG back then because they weren't my cup of tea but I did love Paper Mario on the N64. And this is basically Paper Mario but with you as one of the characters in South Park.

The name selection part had me really laughing. Typical sort of Matt and Trey thing :D

18. MODZERO

MODZERO Minimodder

I'm a couple hours in and really enjoying it, it's great being able to free roam the whole town. Can't wait to see where the story goes.. should be alot of fun.

J.

19. AlienwareAndy

It's like one great big episode isn't it? really great stuff :D

20. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Why is my Steam copy still on pre-load when you lot are all playing it?