Motherboards Strange Problem

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by doggy, 25 Feb 2012.

1. doggy

doggy Cave Canem

I have a wierd problem i cant seem to get to the bottom of or narrow it down.....

The problem only started a few weeks ago ; I would be in game then all of a sudden the cursor would become unresponsive, I would then hear the sound that plays when you disconnect a device from the usb port, it would then reconnect itself after 3 or 4 second and would be fine again for a few more minutes. There doesnt seem to be any regular timing for it happening either.....

I started googling this issue and a fair few people had this problem and a lot of them blamed it on old firmware on ssd's so i took the ssd out and put windows on my hdd but same thing happened.

I put an old mouse i have in to make sure not a mouse problem and same happens with the other mouse i tried. But one thing that did come to light because this other mouse i put in has a permenantly lit scroll wheel - i could see the power cutting off for half a second roughly every 5 seconds....

So I am guessing now that it is either a fault on the motherboard or an issue with the PSU not supplying a constant current (but for a usb port that needs a relatively small amount of power, i thought unlikely)

Anyone else had this problem and found a solution or any suggestions of what else i might try and test?

Thanks in advance....

2. asura

asura jack of all trades

Have had this issue since the day I built my current set up. As I understand it it's a windows/motherboard glitch which is completely random - I don't game so it doesn't bother me, just a couple of seconds break while working every hour or two so I've never made a big deal of it.